Batman Debuts on VHS - Local News Report (Circa 1989)

Started by THE BAT-MAN, Thu, 27 Aug 2009, 02:13

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 27 Aug 2009, 02:13 Last Edit: Mon, 14 Feb 2011, 20:22 by THE BAT-MAN
Check out this rare news footage for the VHS Debut of Batman 1989.

Thu, 27 Aug 2009, 03:45 #2 Last Edit: Thu, 27 Aug 2009, 03:48 by Darrell Kaiser
Very interesting. Considering the part where they talk about it taking in lower bucks at the second-run theaters. I'd rather see it at a theater than on home video ANYDAY!

I wish I could have seen this movie in theaters as an adult.  I was 4 years old when my dad took me to see it.  It was the first movie I ever remember seeing at my local cinema.  God I loved it!  This segment brought back a lot of memories.  Thanks for posting it.

awesome find!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Thu, 27 Aug 2009, 18:50 #6 Last Edit: Thu, 27 Aug 2009, 21:15 by Tarzan1941
That's a great, great post!!!  I didn't get to see Batman until four days after it came out on VHS, and this was in a second run theater.  I got the VHS for Christmas that year and I still have it although it's pretty worn out.  I could spend days watching old news footage like this.  And what's amazing about this is the reporter stated that Warners was trying to break the record set by E.T. in VHS sales.  The funny thing is, I have an ad where Warners set the suggested retail price at $24.95.  That's right folks, people used to spend $25 bucks (sometimes less, depending on the sale at K-Mart  ;D) for a VHS tape.  Man those were the days........  Thank you for sharing that with us.

Great video!! That guy who got out of the batmobile was in Nicholsons actual Joker costume! Lucky b#####d!

Thu, 27 Aug 2009, 23:10 #9 Last Edit: Mon, 14 Feb 2011, 20:23 by THE BAT-MAN
Your all welcome.  I'm glad that I was able to bring back some good nostalgic memories.  This footage in particular brought back some good memories.  My cousins got a copy of the original VHS release when Batman was still playing in theatres and yes I remeber the tapes costing up to $25.95 those were the days.