Batman's Cowl/Headpiece in Burton Films

Started by batman89, Fri, 21 Aug 2009, 04:08

Previous topic - Next topic
In fact, I have seen some of your Comic Con pics, they're quite awesome, plus you kinda of resemble Keaton in the suit. I'm wondering by any chance if you bolted the cowl to your chest?
No rest, not for the wicked...nor those who dare deal with them.

No, what I did was, used industrial strength velcro to attach it to my cape. My cape was attached to the armor also with velcro over the shoulder and the front end where the emblem goes. The cap is so heavy, it locks down on my shoulders even without the velcro.
And thanks!  :)
:P
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Quote from: Batnar on Sun, 23 Aug  2009, 03:07
No, what I did was, used industrial strength velcro to attach it to my cape...

great solution Batnar, I believe in the movies it was glued down.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 21 Aug  2009, 10:08
Quote from: gordonblu on Fri, 21 Aug  2009, 05:33
Realistically, Batman would have a cowl that he could move his head in, but Keaton made the limitations of the suit work to his advantage and as such made his performance that much cooler. In the cathedral scene that you mentioned, when he hears Joker's voice and does the full body turn, to me it's like he's ready to face his enemy head on. Kilmer and Clooney on the other hand always seemed to be struggling against the suit.  That my two cents anyway.
Very well said. I've said it before somewhere, but the limitation just made Keaton that much more animalistic.
Totally agree, thats one of my favorite things about Keatons Batman, how animalistic he really is, in those films I could really care less if he can turn his head or not, its just suspending the disbelief, and thinking that he can that works for me.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I tell you what, I'd be scared of Keaton's Batman regardless if I knew the fact he couldn't turn his head. The guy had the movements so down pat that the limitation didn't even matter. Plus, with the way he moved in that suit, I'd think that this guy was totally messed up and in character big time. A grown man dressed up as a bat and night and acting out the role. Pretty scary stuff when you think about it.

Keaton's Batman is not someone you want to meet in the midst of committing a crime, I'll just give up at that exact same moment and spare the crap being knocked out of me.  ;D

AMEN, Keaton reaaaaally made the Bat turn and all the other Bat movements very iconic! No two ways about it, he really made it work. He moved like a spider on high alert.  Something came to his right, BAM! He made an immediate turn which looked freaky.

Im glad his cowl was made the way it was. It made that one scene in the bell tower soooo awesome. And you all know which one Im talking about!  ;)
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   

Quote from: Batnar on Tue, 25 Aug  2009, 20:52
Im glad his cowl was made the way it was. It made that one scene in the bell tower soooo awesome. And you all know which one Im talking about!  ;)
Sure do.

I was a disbeliever before, always not liking the fact that his cowl restricted head movement, but many of the comments posted here have changed my mind. Now, I agree with the cowl and about the movements being more animalistic due to the cowl.  That's got to be frightening, if instead of just turning his head towards you he turns his whole body, giving the total frightening silhouette of a giant bat and with those huge ears. And another thing when the whole body is turned towards you he is ready to give you an ass beating because every limb is at his use and they are in front of your face.  The movie did a great job making him frightening and Keaton made it work extremely well, plus his eyes are the eyes of a determined, pissed, somewhat psycho, not afraid of anything guy. Keaton's got those eyes. I would not want to look in those eyes.

Hey Batnar, are you talking about that turn he does when Joker says, "Shall we dance?"

No rest, not for the wicked...nor those who dare deal with them.

Quote from: batman89 on Wed, 26 Aug  2009, 01:55
Hey Batnar, are you talking about that turn he does when Joker says, "Shall we dance?"

Yes sir!  ;)