Johnny Depp or Alec Baldwin as Batman in Burton's films?

Started by Bat-Wing, Sun, 9 Aug 2009, 02:16

Previous topic - Next topic
I actually think Alec Baldwin would have made a great Bruce Wayne and Batman.  It's easy to say that he wouldn't have been able to top Keaton, but lets remember that Michael Keaton was not the ideal candidate then.  I'm thankful for his sincere performance, but if not for Tim Burton...I don't think Keaton would have been cast.

As for Depp,  I can't stand him as Captain Jack (Okay, in the first one he was good, but damn he was really annoying in the sequels!), but I think he's a good actor.  I see him more as a villain than as the Batman. 

For the time, I would find it easier seeing Baldwin in the batsuit than I would Depp.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 10 Aug  2009, 21:36
I don't think the audience would be able to put the necessary emotional investment into a Robin who is killed off after one film.  Besides, I'd prefer Nolan to introduce Batgirl into the series as opposed to Robin, though bearing in mind that Barbara Gordon was a newly born baby in Batman Begins I don't suspect there's much chance of that.
I'd rather Nolan not go there at all. I prefer Batman to work alone.

Agreed...the last thing we need is Robin.  To be honest, I've never really cared for the character.  I know he's an important character in the Batman universe, but I prefer the Dark Knight to work alone.

Agreed, no Robin. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed their exploits inf BTAS and also in several comic books but Robin on the big screen will come off as sort of campy, with Robin's sort of adolescent bickering and Batman trying to train his mind and body to fight crime. It's sort of unneccessary, however I enjoyed his entrance in Batman Forever, I think it was handled very well.

Batman started his journey alone and I guess that's the way it should be.

I liked how he was handled in Dark Victory, though. Being one of Bruce Wayne's only anchors left to humanity.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 12 Aug  2009, 13:58
I liked how he was handled in Dark Victory, though. Being one of Bruce Wayne's only anchors left to humanity.

Agreed. I also think Robin should be left in the dust.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 12 Aug  2009, 13:58
Can't that job go to Alfred?

I'm with Baldwin. Deep looks Depp would be a great Riddler IMO.
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

This thread would make a great poll:  Baldwin, Depp and maybe a few other names.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.