The Batman Anthology on Bluray: 720p or 1080p?

Started by Joker89, Sat, 1 Aug 2009, 04:38

Previous topic - Next topic
FYI, I'm uploading a ton of Batman Returns Blu-ray screenshots. Ral will approve them fairly soon I'm sure.

Batman Returns looks AMAZING on my 1080p 50'' television.  8)
Sam Kinison is my God.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 13 Sep  2009, 06:03
FYI, I'm uploading a ton of Batman Returns Blu-ray screenshots. Ral will approve them fairly soon I'm sure.

sorted. thanks man.

Hey Dark Knight, those are some great screen caps!!!  I'd swear I was looking at production stills or something!

Quote from: Tarzan1941 on Sun, 13 Sep  2009, 15:02
Hey Dark Knight, those are some great screen caps!!!  I'd swear I was looking at production stills or something!
Indeed. The greatest Batman film ever made sure does look fantastic on Blu-ray.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 13 Sep  2009, 15:45
The greatest Batman film ever made sure does look fantastic on Blu-ray.

Yeah, the quality compared to DVD is breathtaking. Made me want to steal my friend's PS3.

I'm no expert, but I do work at an electronics store. Even though they make 1080p TV's as small as 19" and so forth, anything less than a 40" with 1080p apparently isn't going to be much more spectacular, according to some of the salesman I know. It's not like there isn't a difference, obviously, but a 50" TV being compared from 720 to 1080 is going to be much more noticable than a 32" comparison. I have to tend to agree, as when I look at the 32" display case at my store that has dozens of 32" lined up, the 1080p's nd the 720p's don't seem to have that much of a picture difference.

very true batmoney

i have also heard that the gap in picture quality between the PS3 and stand-alone blu-ray players is also increasing - in the stand-alone's favour.

Mon, 14 Sep 2009, 03:34 #28 Last Edit: Mon, 14 Sep 2009, 11:23 by The Dark Knight
I've uploaded some Batman (1989) Blu-ray screenshots as well. Hope you all like them.

Quote from: ral on Sun, 13 Sep  2009, 22:34
very true batmoney

i have also heard that the gap in picture quality between the PS3 and stand-alone blu-ray players is also increasing - in the stand-alone's favour.

Really? To this day I still here people saying that the PS3 has one of the higher quality blu-ray players, but that's purely based on just what I've "heard". My PS3 is an original, bought on opening day, so it would make sense that in the 3 or so years since then that blu-ray players in general would have improved somehow, but I must say that according to word of mouth, PS3 still reigns superior.

But good-on-ya for mentioning it, you've inspired me to brush up on my blu-ray info.