Burton's Batman Cast in Animation

Started by waufreak89, Sun, 26 Jul 2009, 11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see Burton's Batman Cast in an animated project?

Yes
29 (90.6%)
No
3 (9.4%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
Not Sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

As a big fan of animated Batman projects I have often found myself entertaining the notion of Burton's ?89 and Returns cast providing voice over for animation.

It certainly falls under the category of unlikely, but for the sake of argument: What if?  What if Michael Keaton reprised The Dark Knight in animation?  What if Jack Nicholson breathed life into a cartoon Joker?

With Burton?s background in animation I could easily see him getting excited about an animated Batman project.  More likely it would be a direct to video affair, as TV series require a much larger time commitment.

Over the last few year Warner Brothers has been scoring big with it?s DC Animated direct to video projects.  In the quest to find fresh movie ideas, it might just be worthwhile to give Burton control of a Batman direct to video.

What do you think?

Absolutely - it would be fantastic to see.

However, I don't ever see it happening...sadly  :'(

Sun, 26 Jul 2009, 12:51 #2 Last Edit: Sun, 26 Jul 2009, 13:23 by The Dark Knight
I love the idea. But like ral, I can't see it happening.

Fun idea, and one I would wholeheartedly support. Though obviously it's quite a long shot.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

At the very least it would be cool to see a comic book series done in the same continuity as Burton's Bat films using the same characters and events.

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

A dream come true, Sadly, it is not to be.

Yeah, iw ould bee very interesting, but I REALLY doubt it will happen. Sadly... ::)
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Sat, 20 Feb 2010, 20:52 #7 Last Edit: Sun, 21 Feb 2010, 22:15 by Bat-Wing
Nicholson would never do this, mainly because of ego. I'm not bashing him, but he's the kind of actor who wants to be on screen and on screen a great deal.

I could see Keaton doing this very readily. My dream would be that Andrea Romano asks him to voice Bruce Wayne/Batman for either a "The Dark Knight Returns" animated feature or an adaptation of "The Killing Joke" or "Knightfall."

Any of these would be the pinnacle of epic.

How about they finally let Billy Dee Williams play Two-Face?
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Not that this would EVER be considered, hey why not I would love to see it done.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.