Burton's Batman Cast in Animation

Started by waufreak89, Sun, 26 Jul 2009, 11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see Burton's Batman Cast in an animated project?

Yes
29 (90.6%)
No
3 (9.4%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
Not Sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

I'd love to see them do a video game "expansion" of Tim Burton's Batman, like they did with the Ghostbusters movies... Playing through B89, Batman Returns and then an original story created for the game, closing the trilogy, with the well known voice cast, the legendary music etc... I think I'd love this more than Arkham Asylum... but , we know how likely these things are, not to mention how much it would cost LOL.

Quote from: silenig on Mon, 22 Feb  2010, 22:41
I'd love to see them do a video game "expansion" of Tim Burton's Batman, like they did with the Ghostbusters movies... Playing through B89, Batman Returns and then an original story created for the game, closing the trilogy, with the well known voice cast, the legendary music etc... I think I'd love this more than Arkham Asylum... but , we know how likely these things are, not to mention how much it would cost LOL.

That would be so cool.  I haven't really seen the Ghostbusters game, but does your concept mean that the first few levels would deal with the events of the two Burton Batman films?

I wish all this media existed when Burton's Batman films came out.  No disrespect to the new franchise which I like, but since its success Warners has more or less ignored the early Batman films.  What short memories...it's like they've forgotten the phenomenal response that attended those films, especially the first.  Not to mention that Burton's Batman films are pretty much responsible for the resurgence in comic-book movies that occurred around the mid-90s onwards.  Bear in mind that after the success of the first two Superman films, Howard the Duck and Supergirl pretty much destroyed any interress the sssssudios may have had in adapting comics until Batman came along.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Yeah, something like it. Several older movies have been turned into modern 3D games (by modern I mean PlayStation 2 or later generations), with results usually much better than the games based on "current" movies. Games like Godfather, Scarface, and Ghostbusters. Of course, something like this would be highly unlikely, not to mention the cost.

I just think that modern big-budget video games have become a much more "mature" medium to tell film-like stories compared to american cartoons, just check out stuff like Uncharted 1-2 or Assassin's Creed II. The words "Batman in Animation" make me cringe since I don't remember when, maybe the last good Batman cartoon was made in the 90s, with the exception of the great Gotham Knight, which was of course animated by Japanese studios.

I think this is one of those ideas that is so innovative it would be hugely successful and make tons of money for WB.

And that's why it will never happen.  

The two people that voted no should be thrown down a bell shaft.

Quote from: silenig on Tue, 23 Feb  2010, 23:12
Yeah, something like it. Several older movies have been turned into modern 3D games (by modern I mean PlayStation 2 or later generations), with results usually much better than the games based on "current" movies. Games like Godfather, Scarface, and Ghostbusters. Of course, something like this would be highly unlikely, not to mention the cost.

That would be cool. Plus a chance to see more of Anton Furst's Gotham.  You get to see so little of it in Batman 89.