The Original Ending?

Started by Seantastic, Sat, 25 Jul 2009, 15:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 28 Jul  2009, 14:24
Well, like one un-used B89 poster said, 'only one will claim the night.'

How cool would it have been if The Joker lived and Batman died?  I bet the Bat-fans would really have loved that... ;D

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 28 Jul  2009, 14:24
Quote from: GuedesGothamKnight on Sun, 26 Jul  2009, 18:43
For me the ending is perfect, I just wanted The Joker to be alive.. ::)
Well, like one un-used B89 poster said, 'only one will claim the night.' That really does capture what tone the film was going for during the last half. Realisation and revenge that results in only one walking away alive. Batman was not going to let the man that shot both his parents dead in cold blood stay alive. Simple as that. The very man that is the root of his crusade. In his thinking, if his parents are dead, then he can die as well. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for him. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Yeah man, you're right. It makes so much sense now. But you know, It's The Joker. Who wouldn't want him to be alive?(beside Bats?) ;D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Mon, 17 Aug 2009, 04:27 #22 Last Edit: Mon, 17 Aug 2009, 04:29 by TheBatMan0887
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 25 Jul  2009, 18:41
Quote from: catwoman on Sat, 25 Jul  2009, 18:39
wasn't vicki supposed to be dead by that point?

I read someone else's post alleging that Vicki was meant to be dead.  As far as I knew, the only person other person to die in Sam Hamm's original screenplay was Alexander Knox.

I seen that he said this from "Hollywood got the last laugh" article from here. I also havn't found this in the scripts I've seen, but it's half true though with the scene being altered from the shooting draft. What I think happened is that when Burton finally got on the set, in which a draft or two had already been writen, Burton desided on this and merely they went with the script all along.

I think that Burton only saw bits and peices of the newest drafts so far and then it was the producer's idea to use the script more, or it may have been wished by him to add it too. They had control with what they wanted the film to be more so as we read from an expert who graduated from a school of this subject.
A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D

Peter Guber came to my school today to lecture. 
When he was signing my Batman DVDs, I asked him whether or not they toyed with the idea of killing Vicki Vale in Batman 1989.  I expected him to shoot it down (after my experience with David Goyer, who shot down the "Goyer had to convince Nolan to put Scarecrow in a mask" rumor for me). 

Here's what happened:

Me- Is it true you guys were thinking of killing off Vicki Vale?
Guber- Yes.
Me- Really?
Guber- Yes.  I'm surprised you know that.

So, while Vicki hadn't been killed off in the drafts that you can find online, it was definitely something they were considering during the production process.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

you have the coolest schoool ever!

Quote from: ral on Thu, 12 Nov  2009, 14:23
you have the coolest schoool ever!
It should be the example for all to follow. Stop classroom warming and start classroom cooling. Make them a giant ice box.

Peter Guber would have made a great interview subject.  Chances are he knows more about the production than even Burton does.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 12 Nov  2009, 19:41
Peter Guber would have made a great interview subject.  Chances are he knows more about the production than even Burton does.

Aye.

That certainly is a possibility. And a likely one at that.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 12 Nov  2009, 19:41
I was iffy on whether or not to ask him for an interview for Brother-Eye.  I figured I'd play it safe and just ask him one Batman-related question.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Damn, man. I would have had SO many questions.