Comic Con 2009

Started by Joker89, Fri, 24 Jul 2009, 20:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Has anyone attended Comic Con this year? Sadly I have not. I'm regretting it so much because Johnny Depp and Tim Burton showed up. So every person who is a fan of the two must have been freaking out when they heard the news.

It's funny I just saw them on seperate occassions, 4 weeks ago when I went out to L.A. If I would have known they were going to be at Comic Con, I would have stayed DAMMIT!!!!
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Fri, 24 Jul 2009, 20:31 #1 Last Edit: Fri, 24 Jul 2009, 20:33 by Darrell Kaiser
Burton was there? I thought he swore never to go to one after Batman '89.

There was supposed to be news of the new Superman movie, but turns out there wasn't.  ::)

It's allegedly coming during the Smallville panel... on Sunday.

Quote from: Joker89 on Fri, 24 Jul  2009, 20:24
Has anyone attended Comic Con this year? Sadly I have not. I'm regretting it so much because Johnny Depp and Tim Burton showed up. So every person who is a fan of the two must have been freaking out when they heard the news.

It's funny I just saw them on seperate occassions, 4 weeks ago when I went out to L.A. If I would have known they were going to be at Comic Con, I would have stayed DAMMIT!!!!

Where did you see them Joker?  Could you have approached them?

Sorry for the questions.  The closest I got to seeing them was outside a Charlie & the Chocolate Factory film premiere.  I got Johnny Depp's autograph  ;D, but Burton declined to sign anything for me.   :'(  Next time, I should come prepared with an official Burton merchadise, instead of a magazine I bought 5 minutes before the premiere,  lol.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Sat, 25 Jul 2009, 04:31 #5 Last Edit: Sat, 25 Jul 2009, 04:33 by Joker89
I was walking in Beverly Hills and I was all into a conversation I was having with my Uncle, and my mom kept tapping me on the shoulder, and eventually I was like "what!? I'm trying to explain something to him, is it that important!?"

She told me the guy that passed us was in fact Johnny Depp. So I looked in front of us, and there he was, walking with his bodyguard(a big one too) just checking out some stores on Rodeo Drive I guess. So the irony of the story is, always listen to your mother. haha!

As for Tim Burton, I saw him in Culver City, which is like a "lunch out" place, outside of Hollywood. He happened to be entering a with a couple of his friends, probably close crew members or something. I was at some type of salad cafe across his cafe. I noticed him right away. I was going to go up to him and say to him "your a big inspiration to me....batman was the first film I remember watching as a toddler" but my uncle told me, hundreds of people probably tell him that all the time....so he kind of killed my self esteem.
After that I was like :-\ I don't know now.....He's eating his lunch I really shouldn't bother him.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."