Old Batman PC Games

Started by aldemist, Wed, 22 Jul 2009, 04:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello! I've just joined the forum & I really hope to share some infos about Batman games for PC, especially Batman movie-to-game games such as Tim Burton's Batman The Movie & PC's Batman Returns. I Truly Appreciate All Helps & Thanks For Helping!!

Welcome aldemist.

Any info you have in the games would be great...do share  ;D

Batman [The Movie - 1989] & Batman Returns [1992] has its game version which developed by Sega Genesis. The later Sega CD console developed Batman Returns game & added the game with wonderful driving stages, where you'll be driving the Batmobile & the Batskiboat to destroy lots of The Penguin's thugs & dreadful menacing vehicles along the way. You'll be racing on the streets of Gotham City using the Batmobile & raiding the dark sewers of Gotham using the Batskiboat. Both Batman games for Sega Genesis have 1 possible ending but Batman Returns for Sega CD has 3 possible endings since you can choose the type of game you want to play [Driving version - Platform version - Full Game version].

Sorry i meant info about the PC games

I read sometime ago an article (from RetroGamer or something) about Ocean and the team that developed Batman: The Movie (1989). The guy responsible for the graphics said that WB sent them limited material and he had to go out and actually purchase a toy batmobile in order to have some reference for the driving stages. These driving stages (for the Amiga) turned out to be the game's biggest selling point.

Modern games with Hollywood-level graphics and sound kick ass, but these old pixelated games can have more "feeling".  ;D

i've played Batman [The Movie - 1989] PC game that was developed by Ocean & i like that game. The driving stages, where the player needs to drive the Batmobile to escape from Joker's grasps or fly the Batwing to cut off lots of huge smilex-filled balloons from their cars, are awesome. No shoot-out actions for the driving stages but it's truly awesome. The Batcave stage, where the player must combine stuffs to reveal the ingredients of Joker's deadly smilex formula, is unique because, to me, it gives a bit feeling of Batman's detective mind since Batman is not just about kickin, punchin & shootin the bad guys but also search & analyze clues just like a detective. the PC version & the Amiga version has great graphics so it's really worth playing!

i need some hints & helps. i've played Batman Returns for PC & i used the cheat code to get all evidences. i can collect some evidences without using the cheat code but there are a few evidences that i couldn't collect by conventional way (without cheating), such as:
- penguin tag
- power plant plan
- newspaper clippings
- etc

can somebody help me out? Thanks 4 Helping!!

still stuck in the game. another dead end . . don't know what to do or where to search . . . couldn't find the penguin tag.

Quote from: aldemist on Sat, 25 Jul  2009, 02:38i need some hints & helps.

If you want, you can read the full walkthrough for Batman Returns here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/927983/36768

Here is the game manual:
http://hotud.artfulgamer.com/files/game/b/batreturns/batreturns.txt

Enjoy! :)
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Thx For Helping Out, Trevor! I Appreciate All Help! I'll See What I Can Do About The Walkthrough (txt file). Thanks Again!