What's the better film: Forever or Returns?

Started by Shan45, Fri, 17 Jul 2009, 21:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Returns or Forever

Batman Forever
7 (17.5%)
Batman Returns
33 (82.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Not to add any "fuel to the fire", but I recently watched Jaws with some friends and boy howdy does that movie hold up 34 years later. As for the Original Star Wars,  It, in my opinion, is fairly dated as a 70's flick, with cheesy hair and dialogue. I am an obsessed Star Wars fan as much as I am a Burton Batman (and Batman in general) Fan so I still love it, but as far as craft, Jaws has it beat. WAAAY off topic!!!! :-[
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

The opening scene of Jaws is still (for me) the most disturbing and frighting scene in any movie - the imagery and sounds  :o

It's interesting though - alot of the suspense in the movie came from the fact that the shark wouldn't work properly so they didn't show it!

Would it have been the same movie if it had worked? No way. Would it have been worse? Debatable I suppose!

This is great hearing this from you guys. I am a Batman fan, but thats is like my second passion.

Jaws is by far my favourite film of all time. Has been since I seen it when I was 4! So its great hearing from people who arent as obsessed with it as I am praising this film, which as gordanblu said is 34 years old! Its a timeless classic. I could bore you guys about it all night lol

Yes Ral that opening scene is amazing, Spielberg said even if the shark was working he was going to film that scene as it is in the film already!

My favourite attack scene is the Kintner boy killing!

I have the 30th aniversary dvd - great extras on it.

Not a big fan of Jaws. My terror of sharks came from the 1966 Batman film when the shark was attached to Batman's leg. TERRIFYING as a kid! I'm serious. Also note that the shark blew up, just like Jaws. Dare I say, RIP OFF!!!

i can just imagine Adam West saying "Smile you son of a..."

Lol, Spielberg ripped off Batman 1966!! :D

"Robin!.... That is compressed air...." lol Yeah Ral, the 30th anni DVD is very good! Theres a new documentary waiting to be released called 'The Shark Is Still Working'. It is supposed to be amazing!

Check out the trailer

Star Wars is the first summer blockbuster.  Jaws is just a scary shark movie.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed,  5 Aug  2009, 00:32
Star Wars is the first summer blockbuster.  Jaws is just a scary shark movie.

Until Star Wars, Jaws was the biggest earning film of all time, and it was released in the summer.  Thus, it was a summer blockbuster.

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.