"you're fired!"

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 4 Jul 2009, 06:57

Previous topic - Next topic
If it were strictly about physicality, I'd somewhat agree (although he was buffer than he was given credit for).  To me though, Batman is about intensity.  Keaton's got plenty of that... in his eyes alone.

When it comes to Batman, they come no higher.

With Burton's approach, Keaton worked absolutely perfectly. As Keaton is one of those actor's who can act merely by using his eyes. You just know something is going on there, and that kind of approach for Batman ultimately was very satisfying in the end. Despite many nay sayers at the time screaming up and down otherwise. Also, Burton's idea of Bruce dressing up as a Bat partly due to the 'effect' of it all works as well. As I always found Keaton's Batman to be more prone to intimidate upon sight where Christian Bale's Batman typically uses theatrics to cause fear before making his attack.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I love Max's expression when he discovers Selina is Catwoman. And the best part:
"And Burce Wayne, why you are dressed up as Batman?"
"Because HE IS Batman, your monron!"
EPIC!  ;D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

The line was fitting with Shreck's character. Shreck was always over confident and felt that he has too much power to die and never considered anythning to be a real threat to him, always thinking that he will come out on top. He wasn't even that afraid when he was kidnapped by Penguin

Quote from: GothamAlleys on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 10:15
The line was fitting with Shreck's character. Shreck was always over confident and felt that he has too much power to die and never considered anythning to be a real threat to him, always thinking that he will come out on top. He wasn't even that afraid when he was kidnapped by Penguin

would YOU be afraid if the penguin kidnapped you? i mean come on, he's only dangerous if you offset his physical limitations with severe mental limitations...god she was stupid. but i love her anyway. lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 16:04
Quote from: GothamAlleys on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 10:15

would YOU be afraid if the penguin kidnapped you? i mean come on, he's only dangerous if you offset his physical limitations with severe mental limitations

But Max couldve been simply shot or killed by one of Penguin's goons. And Max was still a wise ass even when Selina was holding him by his throat with her whip, not hiding the fact that she wants to kill him. He just didnt believe he could be really hurt. At the same time he did have a huge love for Chip. Shreck was a very interestng character

would YOU be afraid if the penguin kidnapped you? i mean come on, he's only dangerous if you offset his physical limitations with severe mental limitations...god she was stupid. but i love her anyway. lol.

Who are you talking about?

Quote from: GothamAlleys on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 19:23
But Max couldve been simply shot or killed by one of Penguin's goons. And Max was still a wise ass even when Selina was holding him by his throat with her whip, not hiding the fact that she wants to kill him. He just didnt believe he could be really hurt. At the same time he did have a huge love for Chip. Shreck was a very interestng character

Chip was a spoiled dumbass rich kid, but his dad would do anything for him.

By the way GothamAlleys, your blog is awesome!  Do you think you might do some pieces on the films on your blog?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 19:36
By the way GothamAlleys, your blog is awesome!

Thanks very much! I keep updating it with new info almost daily and Im trying to polish the language 

QuoteDo you think you might do some pieces on the films on your blog?

Sure, Im researching for my next article right now. Im gonna focus on the darkness and questionable PG 13 rating of Batman Returns

Quote from: GothamAlleys on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 20:20
Sure, Im researching for my next article right now. Im gonna focus on the darkness and questionable PG 13 rating of Batman Returns

As in questionable for being too low or too high a rating?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 19:36

Who are you talking about?

take a wild guess, smart one.