"you're fired!"

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 4 Jul 2009, 06:57

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 29 Sep 2010, 00:55 #20 Last Edit: Wed, 29 Sep 2010, 01:04 by GBglide
Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 22:29
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 19:36
Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 16:04
would YOU be afraid if the penguin kidnapped you? i mean come on, he's only dangerous if you offset his physical limitations with severe mental limitations...god she was stupid. but i love her anyway. lol.

Who are you talking about?

take a wild guess, smart one.

I vote for the Ice Princess!  ;D

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 21:54
Quote from: GothamAlleys on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 20:20
Sure, Im researching for my next article right now. Im gonna focus on the darkness and questionable PG 13 rating of Batman Returns

As in questionable for being too low or too high a rating?

Too low I believe, and as many else did too, like Roger Ebert

Quote from: GothamAlleys on Wed, 29 Sep  2010, 01:50
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 21:54
Quote from: GothamAlleys on Tue, 28 Sep  2010, 20:20
Sure, Im researching for my next article right now. Im gonna focus on the darkness and questionable PG 13 rating of Batman Returns

As in questionable for being too low or too high a rating?

Too low I believe, and as many else did too, like Roger Ebert

can you give details why you think its too low? or do we have to wait for the blog? lol.

Personally, I think the rating is just right.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Wed, 29 Sep 2010, 04:14 #24 Last Edit: Wed, 29 Sep 2010, 04:36 by GothamAlleys
Well, Ill explain in details in the blog but in short- Its not just about  blood. We see dismembered human parts. The villain is a deformed, black magma vomiting, finger rotting deformed child murderer from the sewers with twisted humor - someone who started killing children since he was a kid, responsible for mysterious disappearances in the circus. Then theres the whole sexuality thing - did we forget about Shreck and Penguin talking about "getting poontang" when getting the mayor title, or Penguin's insatiable sex drive - him saying that he would like to ft his secretaries' void, him talking about showing her his "French flipper trick", him talking about sexual charisma with Catwoman and referring to her as "just the pussy I need". And then there's the plan of drowning little children in the cold sewers and Batman killing left and right, setting people on fire and blowing them up. And then the entire movie is very downbeat and sad, with the sets reflecting German Expressionism.  I think images like these speak for themselves

I think BR is the darkest Batman movie ever, but got a pass because of its fairy taleish quality

point taken. i just wish i hadn't taken it while eating lunch. :-[