Joker Goon Jackets... With Ledger's Face

Started by Kamdan, Fri, 3 Jul 2009, 20:35

Previous topic - Next topic
That jacket's not going to be at Hot Topic, dude.

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Sat,  4 Jul  2009, 22:02
That jacket's not going to be at Hot Topic, dude.

Check this out.

Quoteseeing something like this being sold at a store like Hot Topic wouldnt be the least bit surprising.

I said something like this. NOT the exact same jacket, chief.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Sat, 4 Jul 2009, 22:27 #22 Last Edit: Sat, 18 Jul 2009, 18:34 by batass4880
I think the face from the original patch was from The Laughing Fish, not TKJ

Quote from: The Joker on Sat,  4 Jul  2009, 19:03
Quote from: TheBatMan0887 on Sat,  4 Jul  2009, 13:33
What gets me is that they never had to put any actor's face on it. It was  only a drawing of the thinner comic Joker. I hate out with the old and in with the new.

Understandable ... however WB probably felt that going with a image of Ledger's Joker would be their best bet (which is understandable as well). Wouldnt want the majority of the teens, and young adults which this is more or less marketed to saying, "Aww .. if Ledger was on here I would have bought it!"

Would have been nice to have atleast had a limited amount of jackets much more in tune with the '89 movie for sale, instead of simply going only with this '89/TDK mesh ... but apparently that just wasnt going to happen.

:-X

Yes, it was said earlier.

I think alot of people that are fans of the new one or both are not going to like it either anyways. It would make no sense to fanboys and typical fans of TDK and would agree that it alienates both series, or at least makes no sense and doesn't fit.

I think it's just a wrong move in the long run bussines-wise as you got the closest quality to the film with these.

It's a horrible move as they may already have clown get ups you can make from peices for TDK and the only one Burton's gets is one fused with the newer looking Joker.

A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Sun,  5 Jul  2009, 00:24
DON'T CALL ME CHIEF, OLSEN!!! lol

Look, let me explain something to you. Don't call me OLSEN! I'm the Dude! So that's what you call me! You know, uh, That, or uh, his Dudeness, or uh Duder, or uh El Duderino... if you're not into the whole brevity thing. 

;D

QuoteYes, it was said earlier.

I think alot of people that are fans of the new one or both are not going to like it either anyways. It would make no sense to fanboys and typical fans of TDK and would agree that it alienates both series, or at least makes no sense and doesn't fit.

I think it's just a wrong move in the long run bussines-wise as you got the closest quality to the film with these.

It's a horrible move as they may already have clown get ups you can make from peices for TDK and the only one Burton's gets is one fused with the newer looking Joker.

And the beat goes on.

Everyone has different taste, and no doubt there will be some fans who dig this mesh between the two. Though with Ledger's image being used, I would have expected a completely original jacket to be produced rather than that of a odd homage to Batman 1989 with TDK images. Oh well.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

AS PJ already stated, the original intention of the jacket was to be a direct 89 replicia.  Unfortunately for the company producing it, they have to deal with WB licences...which WB would not issue unless it had TDK images.

Very dissappointing move from WB - highlighting their ignorance and lack of respect for a much beloved and financially rewarding movie from yester-year.

I agree this is rape of the original jacket. It should have been a tribute to the original film. Plus the goons never had joker cards on their arm, but an array of playing cards depicting their rank within the criminal orginisation.

But, the jackets in the film were blue wern't they, not purple??

Look, let me explain something to you. Don't call me OLSEN! I'm the Dude! So that's what you call me! You know, uh, That, or uh, his Dudeness, or uh Duder, or uh El Duderino... if you're not into the whole brevity thing. 

;D
What in God's holy name are you blathering about?  ;D

The patch doesn't even look good, and I think that the target group that pays money for Ledger-related merchandise would never walk within a 20 m radius of this type of Jacket.. To my eyes it's like mixing classic rock with-what-modern-16-year-olds-listen, alienating older and younger audiences.