Joker Goon Jackets... With Ledger's Face

Started by Kamdan, Fri, 3 Jul 2009, 20:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Sat,  4 Jul  2009, 05:21
Quote from: ral on Sat,  4 Jul  2009, 02:25
I would be pretty sure that WB played a major role in that jacket being TDK orientated....

Odd mesh ... but yeah ... not at all surprised that a image of Heath's Joker was chosen for the jacket rather than Jack. I'm sure WB feels, and perhaps rightly so, that Ledger's Joker image would be more overall marketable at this time than Nicholson's Joker.

:-X

What gets me is that they never had to put any actor's face on it. It was  only a drawing of the thinner comic Joker. I hate out with the old and in with the new.
A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D

Quote from: TheBatMan0887 on Sat,  4 Jul  2009, 13:33
What gets me is that they never had to put any actor's face on it. It was  only a drawing of the thinner comic Joker. I hate out with the old and in with the new.

My thoughts exactly.

Sat, 4 Jul 2009, 14:16 #12 Last Edit: Sat, 4 Jul 2009, 14:19 by Darrell Kaiser
Seriously, would it be too much to ask to have a couple look like the ones for the movie? I would buy BOTH versions of the jacket (purple and black) if they were the correct versions. I've been waiting my whole life for one of those things! I thought it'd be funny to be a Joker Goon for Halloween. If the patch were to be corrected, you'd also have to fix the cards on the shoulders. Like it was mentioned earlier, it's not really Nicholson's face. It's more like the Killing Joke's Joker. Look at the cards on the real jacket's shoulders. It's the card from the back of the book (with no Batman, of course). It could EASILY be sold to a real Joker fan. Why does it have to be Ledger? I was never someone who really got into the whole Burton vs. Nolan thing, but this has REALLY SET ME OFF!!!

Darrell..who is that in your avatar?

Me, silly! Who's in yours? Just kidding!

Quote from: TheBatMan0887 on Sat,  4 Jul  2009, 13:33

Understandable ... however WB probably felt that going with a image of Ledger's Joker would be their best bet (which is understandable as well). Wouldnt want the majority of the teens, and young adults which this is more or less marketed to saying, "Aww .. if Ledger was on here I would have bought it!"

Would have been nice to have atleast had a limited amount of jackets much more in tune with the '89 movie for sale, instead of simply going only with this '89/TDK mesh ... but apparently that just wasnt going to happen.

:-X

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I don't think that this type of jacket is what the teenage crowd is really eyeing at, unless they're tying to be posers from the 80's (like those dumbass disheveled t-shirts). The only other person I know who has a jacket like that is my older brother in his mid-20's.

The purple jacket is the sort of item that would only appeal to a fan of B89 - someone who actually gets the intent of the garment!

Are they both you Darrell? Double jeopardy!

Right so, ral.
One of them is Reverse-Darrell. lol

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Sat,  4 Jul  2009, 19:14
I don't think that this type of jacket is what the teenage crowd is really eyeing at, unless they're tying to be posers from the 80's (like those dumbass disheveled t-shirts). The only other person I know who has a jacket like that is my older brother in his mid-20's.

Personally, I find theres a good number of teens/young adults who will take a second look at any type of jacket pertaining to TDK, or Ledger's Joker. I mean really .... seeing something like this being sold at a store like Hot Topic wouldnt be the least bit surprising.   

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."