Joker Goon Jackets... With Ledger's Face

Started by Kamdan, Fri, 3 Jul 2009, 20:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Well, what else could they do?  I mean, it's hard to market a cell phone being sewn into the stomach.  ;D

Know what's worse?  They used an Asian model too.  Wonder if the photogapher had a thing for the goon with the swords during the alley attack?!

Yep, what a dumbass move on the company. I thought at first that we were going to get a real treat from SOMEBODY for the film's anniversary, and then they pull this sh*t!

I would be pretty sure that WB played a major role in that jacket being TDK orientated....

Sat, 4 Jul 2009, 02:50 #4 Last Edit: Sat, 4 Jul 2009, 03:10 by The Dark Knight
I posted this somewhere else on the forum. I think the jacket is cool. It's a modern update. However, it's beside the point. It's just an imitation of the real thing.

Ledger's Joker goons didn't wear these, but Nicholson's Joker goons did. If they were going to do something like this, why couldn't just they sell the original jacket design for the anniversary?!

Ugh. Slap in the face indeed. Taking a Burton item and claiming it for their own.

ugh. i would have worn one from the movie. i doubt they come in my size though. well i'm the same size as the japanese guy prolly so i could use his. lol.

Quote from: ral on Sat,  4 Jul  2009, 02:25
I would be pretty sure that WB played a major role in that jacket being TDK orientated....

Odd mesh ... but yeah ... not at all surprised that a image of Heath's Joker was chosen for the jacket rather than Jack. I'm sure WB feels, and perhaps rightly so, that Ledger's Joker image would be more overall marketable at this time than Nicholson's Joker.

:-X

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Slap to the face, No! More like kick to the Balls!!!!

Dave wanted to do exact replicas. I sent him my Jacket for the pattern, WB wouldn't let him.

Not UDs fault, look to WB. At least this way the patches can be replaced and we 89ers will have an exact replica.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"