Did The Joker ever bleed?

Started by Joker89, Fri, 26 Jun 2009, 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic
I actually used to think it was fake blood but considering that Bats beat the hell outta him and was knocked into and broke that staircase or whatever, realized it wasn't fake. The teeth was just for sick humor and to probably "compliment" the blood.

But the first time, he didn't bleed when Batman punched him straight on in the face. It was when he was knocked into the staircase and Batman pulled him out. So he did have time to take out the blood packet with the chattering teeth.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Wed, 1 Jul 2009, 05:38 #22 Last Edit: Wed, 1 Jul 2009, 05:46 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Joker89 on Wed,  1 Jul  2009, 04:59
But the first time, he didn't bleed when Batman punched him straight on in the face. It was when he was knocked into the staircase and Batman pulled him out. So he did have time to take out the blood packet with the chattering teeth.
Getting smashed through a staircase and slammed against a bell is a lot different than being punched in the face.

Explain to me why he would smear fake blood on his face.

What's the gag?

*watches tumbleweed go by*

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed,  1 Jul  2009, 12:44

*watches tumbleweed go by*
*Listens to the crickets chirping*

Wed, 1 Jul 2009, 16:45 #26 Last Edit: Wed, 1 Jul 2009, 23:00 by Dark Knight Detective
(Odd topic, but I guess it's up to me)

If the Joker were to smear fake blood on his face, two reasons could be that:

1) It was just all a part of his sick sense of clown humor, as seen throughout the film.

2) Like his other actions, this is a motive of his that only makes sense to him alone.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Wed,  1 Jul  2009, 16:45
(Odd topic, but I guess it's up to me)

If the Joker were to smear fake blood on his face, two reason could be that:

1) It was just all a part of his sick sense of clown humor, as seen throughout the film.

2) Like his other actions, this is a motive of his that only makes sense to him alone.

Exactly, that is all I have been trying to explain to everyone. It is his sick sense of humor if anything, not really his real blood. Because he did get punched in the face and smacked into that big bell, and he did not bleed. Then when he was punched into the staircase, he came out with a chattering set of teeth and blood all of a sudden.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Thu, 2 Jul 2009, 02:37 #28 Last Edit: Thu, 2 Jul 2009, 03:05 by The Dark Knight
You do not convince me. Just saying it's 'sick humour' doesn't cut it.

Explain to me why you think he didn't bleed much.

How is it 'sick humour' if Batman doesn't even know it's fake blood?

How is it even a joke to smear fake blood on your face?!

I know you'll answer most of this with "It's just a little joke all for himself" - But.....please. That doesn't cut it, either.

You can't elaborate any further because this doesn't make sense. You can think up imaginative deep insights, but when it boils down to it -

The rating would not allow rivers of blood.
The Joker received a beating, he bled on occasion.
Living, breathing humans have 'real blood' flowing in their body.

And -

The Joker does not have green blood.
The Joker does not carry around fake blood packets to wipe on his face when he gets a beating to 'trick' his opponent.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  2 Jul  2009, 02:37
You do not convince me. Just saying it's 'sick humour' doesn't cut it.

Explain to me why you think he didn't bleed much.

How is it 'sick humour' if Batman doesn't even know it's fake blood?

How is it even a joke to smear fake blood on your face?!

Are you familiar with the movie Dumb and Dumber? When Lloyd was getting a facial shave he smeared a ketchup packet on his neck to give off the impression he had been cut by the blade. Kind of like a "sick joke" wouldn't you say?

And as I said before, if you watch the scene carefully you will notice, that he gets puched several times in the face, not to mention he goes face first into a 20-ton cathedral bell, YET! No blood. However, when he goes through a staircase--back first--he comes out "acting" as if he had lost his teeth and his mouth is gushing with "blood". But moments later he has no blood in his mouth, just those pearly whites! That is why I never thought of it as his blood. I thought it was a joke.