The Joker Lives!

Started by The Dark Knight, Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 09:48

Previous topic - Next topic
*sigh* i thought my idea was good. i'll never be respected. :(

Fri, 26 Jun 2009, 03:17 #11 Last Edit: Fri, 26 Jun 2009, 03:22 by Sandman
Quote from: catwoman on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 03:05
*sigh* i thought my idea was good. i'll never be respected. :(

Huh? It was a good idea an no one disst it, You needs to chill 8) loads of people respect you thats why they wanted you to stay.

Quote from: PJ on Thu, 25 Jun  2009, 09:52
I would have the Joker make it to the 'copter. Batman hoist he and Vicki to safety, then shoot his line at the helicopter so as the Joker makes his getaway Batman goes too.

Batman makes his way to the helicopter, final fight ensues as they fly out over the ocean. The Joker falls to his death into the sea, though no body is recovered leaving it wide open.

I like this idea. Makes me think of the climax to "A Death in the Family" in particular.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Leave the film as is, but cut out the moment where Gordon finds the body.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 25 Jun  2009, 16:58
Quote from: Georgie on Thu, 25 Jun  2009, 15:54
When I was 13 I had an idea that the Joker didn't die but became comatose so he could possibly come back for a another film  :)
Comatose?!  ;D

He looked stone cold dead to me.

Well remember the comics, looks stone dead to me too!!
A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D

Quote from: zDBZ on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 22:16
Leave the film as is, but cut out the moment where Gordon finds the body.

Thats one of my favourite parts!!

They should have left him alive now when I think of it. I always get so sad to say goodbye to that Joker character at the end of the movie, even though he is the villain. I wish he would have escaped on the helicopter and returned in the next film or future installments. Always would have been wonderful to have Jack Nicholson come back!
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Quote from: Joker89 on Sun, 28 Jun  2009, 00:57
They should have left him alive now when I think of it. I always get so sad to say goodbye to that Joker character at the end of the movie, even though he is the villain. I wish he would have escaped on the helicopter and returned in the next film or future installments. Always would have been wonderful to have Jack Nicholson come back!

True Jacks Joker is legendary, No matter what the 12 year olds will have you think. But yo have to remember Burton had no idea if this was going to do well or not and had no idea that it would spring sequals, And thus he didn't want to leave any open endings.

That's true. I remember Burton stating on the SE that there wasnt any real talk of what the sequel would be like when filming BATMAN, even though the Cher/Devito/Williams casting rumors for future sequels were being talked about even before the movie hit theaters.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Sun, 28 Jun 2009, 18:32 #19 Last Edit: Sun, 28 Jun 2009, 20:50 by TheBatMan0887
This all said, I think that with the sequels, he could have looked at the comics and realized the many deaths of Joker. I like to picture this as this is only the first confrontation and it would be swell to think that he got anerexic and thin from this live reproduction of Kane's art.

It is part fantasy, like the spider-man films.

It's my personal opinion and Burton would agree, to tie off another TKJ similarity and the earlier BatMan #1 "death", he should have used the knife up the sleeve trick and got stabbed with it.

EDIT: I like the idea of the statue not coming off too. It's more realistic and natural for it not to come off if it's that heavy. Joker would slip off first.

Also, it's always true that with a different actor, they could have had it another guy. You remember that this Joker story takes some inspiration from the 27 issue. So maybe it could happen all over again like here.

Though, I always thought of 27's first story as a pilot for the Joker story and origin. Similar in vain and origin.
A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D