The Joker Lives!

Started by The Dark Knight, Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 09:48

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 09:48 Last Edit: Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 09:50 by The Dark Knight
The Joker dies in Batman (1989).

But if he was going to survive, how would you do it?

Personally, I would have just left The Joker hanging onto the helicopter ladder and leg still tied to the gargoyle.

Don't have the gargoyle break off. He's going nowhere, as long as he hangs on to the ladder, he lives.

How would you have him survive?

I would have the Joker make it to the 'copter. Batman hoist he and Vicki to safety, then shoot his line at the helicopter so as the Joker makes his getaway Batman goes too.

Batman makes his way to the helicopter, final fight ensues as they fly out over the ocean. The Joker falls to his death into the sea, though no body is recovered leaving it wide open.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 09:55 #2 Last Edit: Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 09:57 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: PJ on Thu, 25 Jun  2009, 09:52
I would have the Joker make it to the 'copter. Batman hoist he and Vicki to safety, then shoot his line at the helicopter so as the Joker makes his getaway Batman goes too.

Batman makes his way to the helicopter, final fight ensues as they fly out over the ocean. The Joker falls to his death into the sea, though no body is recovered leaving it wide open.
Very good.

Batman (1989) should have somehow referenced the early comics where Joker survived certain death, in my opinion.

When I was 13 I had an idea that the Joker didn't die but became comatose so he could possibly come back for a another film  :)
My balloons. Those are my balloons. HE STOLE MY BALLOONS!

Quote from: Georgie on Thu, 25 Jun  2009, 15:54
When I was 13 I had an idea that the Joker didn't die but became comatose so he could possibly come back for a another film  :)
Comatose?!  ;D

He looked stone cold dead to me.

Because I wanted the Joker to live when I was a kid I always imagined he pulled a pair of sissors out of his jacket and cut the rope lol even while he was falling and pulled a parchute after cutting it lol, far fetched I know.

But I think if I was to keep him alive I would not have the gargoyle break off, and the Joker would loose his grip on the ladders and end up just dangling, hanging from the gargoyle unside down. Batman would then pull himself and Vicky up and leave Joker there for the police to capture.

I like the idea about him falling into the sea. I always felt this is the ending the Dark Knight should have persued, like one of the early Batman comics.

maybe have the joker fall and in the darkness they hear the mechanical laugh thingy and they do their flashlights and see it laying there and no body....oooooooo....

Quote from: Joker81 on Thu, 25 Jun  2009, 18:41

But I think if I was to keep him alive I would not have the gargoyle break off, and the Joker would loose his grip on the ladders and end up just dangling, hanging from the gargoyle unside down. Batman would then pull himself and Vicky up and leave Joker there for the police to capture.

I like the idea about him falling into the sea. I always felt this is the ending the Dark Knight should have persued, like one of the early Batman comics.

I was think the same thing word for word.

I remember reading that Jack Nicholson got paid for Batman Return even though he wasn't even in it. It would have been Awesome having The Joker return him and Catwomen would have made a great movie, But then there would be no legendary DeVito Penguin.

Exactly.

Just like how The Dark Knight handled their scene, really.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 26 Jun  2009, 02:25
Exactly.

Just like how The Dark Knight handled their scene, really.

Yeah, Though i have always seen that scene as a great big f*** you Burton.