grissom

Started by Catwoman, Wed, 24 Jun 2009, 20:50

Previous topic - Next topic
i usually don't like old fart bad guys but he was kinda kewl. "say this...SONOFABITCH!!!" lol

Quote from: catwoman on Wed, 24 Jun  2009, 20:50
i usually don't like old fart bad guys but he was kinda kewl. "say this...SONOFA*****!!!" lol

He was awesome!

"Jack, you are my No.1 guy!"

"Don't forget your lucky deck."

"My friend, your luck is about to change...get me Lieutenant Eckhart."   ;)

"Hey Jack...why don't we cut a deal?"   ;D

and my favourite, that you've already mentioned:  "Say this...Son of a b**ch...!" slams fist onto table.  I love Palance's delivery of that line.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Palance as Grissom pretty much answered the question, "Who can be Jack Nicholson's boss?"

8)

Oh, and it was kinda cool (to me) seeing Palance and Tracey Walter appear together in City Slickers a few years later.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 25 Jun  2009, 06:34
Palance as Grissom pretty much answered the question, "Who can be Jack Nicholson's boss?"
Exactly. But as Grissom learnt, no-one is boss to The Joker.

Unfortunately for Sugar Bumps, no deals were going to happen with the Joker. Yeah.

With Jack, sure you can be his boss. Though he'll likely be spending his nights with your girlfriend.  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

That's one of the many things I love about this film.The supporting cast, no matter how small the role, leaves an impression on you and are extremely memorable. Everyone took their roles seriously and gave it their all, combined with the  many other aspects of the film, it makes it a classic. 8)

Quote from: Grissom on Thu, 25 Jun  2009, 11:53
That's one of the many things I love about this film.The supporting cast, no matter how small the role, leaves an impression on you and are extremely memorable. Everyone took their roles seriously and gave it their all, combined with the  many other aspects of the film, it makes it a classic. 8)

I agree man. I personally love Grissom's expression after "You can call me... Joker!"
Rest In Peace, Jack Palance.
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Quote from: GuedesGothamKnight on Mon, 29 Jun  2009, 23:02
I personally love Grissom's expression after "You can call me... Joker!"
That expression is priceless. It really is. It perfectly captures his disbelief and shock of the Joker's supreme weirdness. Grissom's facial expression alone sums up the Joker for me.