Joker's Balloons

Started by The Dark Knight, Mon, 22 Jun 2009, 03:22

Previous topic - Next topic
LOL, I'd imagine him showing some consideration, but them's the breaks, I guess.

i come onto the forum and see a 3 page thread about balloons.

cool i think - i wonder what they are talking about...the design of the balloons? how they are like characters from Nightmare Before Christmas?

no, a thread that has been locked for a specific reason.

Darrell was offering a curtius welcome to someone who had felt aggrieved on the board - there's no need to pick holes in it TDK.

I don't like doing it, but i've deleted the last few posts.

back on topic please...

Censorship! China's iron grip has extended beyond its shores!

Anyway....love those balloons.

P.S.

(Please don't delete this)

it's only really censorship when it's information that's valued.  ;)

Mon, 22 Jun 2009, 11:40 #15 Last Edit: Mon, 22 Jun 2009, 11:42 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: ral on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 11:36
it's only really censorship when it's information that's valued.  ;)
Oooh...harsh!  

Batnar's comments on the matter were dead on. I share his opinion and value it. You can see it in that thread you locked.

Anyway....that's that!

Ugh. Embarrassing. Sort it out, guys.

In any case, I always thought that the balloons weren't filled with Smylex, rather it was coming from those gas cannisters that Vicki zooms in on. Not sure if the Smylex was somehow leaking and filling the balloons at the same time. Doesn't make a lot of sense, really. But I always liked the clown stretching and all bloated. Thoughts? What's the logic there?

And since that stuff looked corrosive (it seemed to be peeling the paint off the balloons) I always imagined that they would decompose and fall into Gotham Harbor.

After the balloons went straight up, they got hooked to an antenna of a passing spaceship which went into warp and opened a wormhole to the past at which point the balloons ripped free, bot stuck in the gravitational pull of a red sun. The smylex introduced an unstable element to the sun causing it to implode, the resulting shockwave destroyed the nearby planet of Krypton and Batman is responsible for the death of Superman's home planet! Who is the most powerful in DC history now?
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

The big crying baby balloon, that was a great balloon! I would be pretty peeved if someone stole a balloon like that from me, despite what its contents may have been.

Was the canisters not filling the balloons as well? Remember they were expanding and were eventually going to burst right over the city!! Killing millions probably.

My favourite shot is right after the batwing has taken the ballons and Batman flies high above Gotham. He releases the balloons and we see the ballons dift off into the night sky above the rooftops as the batwing wizzs past back towards the parade. Thats my fav shot!

I imagine the gas run out drifting into the atmosphere. Then many months later after deflating the ballons probably washed up somewhere, like New York...... lol