Batman Forever Deleted Scenes.

Started by Sandman, Sat, 20 Jun 2009, 10:16

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 11:47
Quote from: ral on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 11:18
Personally, I thought the giant bat scene was a little too much - in that it would confuse the audience who may not see it as metaphorical.

Fair point. People could take that scene literally.

It would have to take a sophisticated person to understand something like this, it seems (even though it's really not that difficult to comprehend).

Although I knew better, upon seeing the teaser/trailer for Batman Forever, I remember thinking that was about how Man-Bat would appear like if that character would actually appear in a 1990's Shumacher-directed PG-13 Batman movie.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 14:52
Although I knew better, upon seeing the teaser/trailer for Batman Forever, I remember thinking that was about how Man-Bat would appear like if that character would actually appear in a 1990's Shumacher-directed PG-13 Batman movie.

My thoughts exactly.

But then again, I'd rather leave stuff like for Burton to handle, because since Two-Face & Riddler weren't taken very seriously, I'm sure it might've been the same for Man-Bat.

I've seen the deleted scenes both separate and integrated into fan cuts. In my opinion, while most of them add more to the depth the film struggles to display, albeit in small doses, none are able to elevate the movie to something that achieves any status beyond a blockbuster well rounded (in most respects, save for either villains) by sparse, yet somewhat effective character development in the two title characters. As such, the film still suffers greatly from Nicole Kidman?s oversexed character that tries too hard to be alluring, trapped in a hooker mentality. Not to mention Jim Carrey?s Riddler, that starts strong, but quickly becomes the cutout character he plays in almost every movie he made throughout the nineties (an over energetic that makes fun of people with mental handicaps in Jerry Lewis fashion.) That and more counter the deleted scenes? effectiveness. I?ve often made the comparison in ?Batman Forever Deleted Scene discussions? that like Highlander 2, you can re cut this movie a thousand different ways, its still the same thing (Though I would never argue that BF was worse than H2.)

Quote from: Sandman on Sun, 21 Jun  2009, 06:31
Quote from: DarkVengeance on Sat, 20 Jun  2009, 23:23
Quote from: Sandman on Sat, 20 Jun  2009, 10:16
Has anyone watched the deleted scenes for BF?, Its like they cut all the best parts out, Had they cut some of the most silly scene's an added some of deleted ones Forever would be 10x what it is.

Two of the best scene that really shouldn't have been Cut both involve Val Kilmer and showed just how great his Bruce Wayne/Batman was, First is after the attack on the Batcave Alfred take Bruce to the cave where he fell as a child an finds his father Journal and after reading it finds out that there death was not his fault an then this is followed by a scene with the a bat that i can only say is incredible. The whole scene sh*ts on Nolans Begins Batcave scene, Believe it or not.

Second is a scene with Alfred an Chase which ends with Batman And Robin standing over Gotham much alike Batman did at the end of Batman89.

I don't know why alot of these scenes where cut, But whoever did it should be castrated because they totally ripped apart the best of Kilmer's Performance, Which after seeing these i would say is the 2nd best after Keaton.
Dude I cannot agree with that at all, its a good sequence, but nothing beats the Nolan batcave sequence, its flawless.

The extra scenes would make the film a notch darker but not entirely, I would prefer if they left them in for sure.

I have to disagree with that. Nolan's scene while entertaining is very generic and far from flawless.  This scene was prue Batman and it showed just who great Kilmer was, when he picks up and reads the journel the look on his face the tone of his voice esp when he says "It wasn't my fault" is exellent and the kind of performance you would expect from Val kilmer, You feel Bruce's pain an relief and can see for the first time since his parents death that he is happy. It totally blows Bales sadest performance out of the water and into space.

The bit that follows with the Bat is amazing and what the whole movie should have been like, Proving that Schmuacher did indeed have the talent. When the Bat approaches him, The same Bat as when he was a child yet this time he shows no fear and inbraces it and becomes one with it, Whats done with the camera and Kilmers performance is truly amazying. As a total an utter Batnut this gave me a feeling a tingle down my spine i haven't felt in a Batman movie in a long time, Somthing even Ledger's Joker couldn't make me feel. For the first time in a Batman movie you realise why he became Batman an why he will be Batman Forever.

I have to admit that these scenes did give Kilmer's Bruce Wayne more depth. I thought he was a very good Bruce Wayne. I especially love the scene where he's telling Chase about his parents death. It's very errie.

There is elements of BF that are too kiddie friendly and campy. But I agree there are some good idea's and I liked the idea of exploring why Bruce is who he is and does what he does. I think them scenes were very interesting. I also prefer that original ending that was filmed, and opening with Two-Face escaping from Arkham.

I dont agree that Chase was to sexual. It was good to see a so called normal character obsessed with Batman. For being a psychologist, it showed how unstable she was. lol And it showed Batman/Bruce's desire for a normal life.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 14:31
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 11:47
Quote from: ral on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 11:18
Personally, I thought the giant bat scene was a little too much - in that it would confuse the audience who may not see it as metaphorical.

Fair point. People could take that scene literally.

It would have to take a sophisticated person to understand something like this, it seems (even though it's really not that difficult to comprehend).

Hell yeah, Well siad my friend......Not to be offensive to people who didn't like it though.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 20:45
I've seen the deleted scenes both separate and integrated into fan cuts. In my opinion, while most of them add more to the depth the film struggles to display, albeit in small doses, none are able to elevate the movie to something that achieves any status beyond a blockbuster well rounded (in most respects, save for either villains) by sparse, yet somewhat effective character development in the two title characters. As such, the film still suffers greatly from Nicole Kidman?s oversexed character that tries too hard to be alluring, trapped in a hooker mentality. Not to mention Jim Carrey?s Riddler, that starts strong, but quickly becomes the cutout character he plays in almost every movie he made throughout the nineties (an over energetic that makes fun of people with mental handicaps in Jerry Lewis fashion.) That and more counter the deleted scenes? effectiveness. I?ve often made the comparison in ?Batman Forever Deleted Scene discussions? that like Highlander 2, you can re cut this movie a thousand different ways, its still the same thing (Though I would never argue that BF was worse than H2.)

I see what you mean, I agree the overall film can't be saved....But i still do love it for wht it is, somthing i can't say about Batman And Robin. I think more then anything i was just impressed by Val Kilmer hes one of my fav Actors an i was always kinda dissapointed by him in this, But after seeing these i see him did try an was great they just ruined it for him. Val Kilmer and his Batman were to good for this movie.

Quote from: Joker81 on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 21:18
Quote from: Sandman on Sun, 21 Jun  2009, 06:31
Quote from: DarkVengeance on Sat, 20 Jun  2009, 23:23
Quote from: Sandman on Sat, 20 Jun  2009, 10:16
Has anyone watched the deleted scenes for BF?, Its like they cut all the best parts out, Had they cut some of the most silly scene's an added some of deleted ones Forever would be 10x what it is.

Two of the best scene that really shouldn't have been Cut both involve Val Kilmer and showed just how great his Bruce Wayne/Batman was, First is after the attack on the Batcave Alfred take Bruce to the cave where he fell as a child an finds his father Journal and after reading it finds out that there death was not his fault an then this is followed by a scene with the a bat that i can only say is incredible. The whole scene sh*ts on Nolans Begins Batcave scene, Believe it or not.

Second is a scene with Alfred an Chase which ends with Batman And Robin standing over Gotham much alike Batman did at the end of Batman89.

I don't know why alot of these scenes where cut, But whoever did it should be castrated because they totally ripped apart the best of Kilmer's Performance, Which after seeing these i would say is the 2nd best after Keaton.
Dude I cannot agree with that at all, its a good sequence, but nothing beats the Nolan batcave sequence, its flawless.

The extra scenes would make the film a notch darker but not entirely, I would prefer if they left them in for sure.

I have to disagree with that. Nolan's scene while entertaining is very generic and far from flawless.  This scene was prue Batman and it showed just who great Kilmer was, when he picks up and reads the journel the look on his face the tone of his voice esp when he says "It wasn't my fault" is exellent and the kind of performance you would expect from Val kilmer, You feel Bruce's pain an relief and can see for the first time since his parents death that he is happy. It totally blows Bales sadest performance out of the water and into space.

The bit that follows with the Bat is amazing and what the whole movie should have been like, Proving that Schmuacher did indeed have the talent. When the Bat approaches him, The same Bat as when he was a child yet this time he shows no fear and inbraces it and becomes one with it, Whats done with the camera and Kilmers performance is truly amazying. As a total an utter Batnut this gave me a feeling a tingle down my spine i haven't felt in a Batman movie in a long time, Somthing even Ledger's Joker couldn't make me feel. For the first time in a Batman movie you realise why he became Batman an why he will be Batman Forever.

I have to admit that these scenes did give Kilmer's Bruce Wayne more depth. I thought he was a very good Bruce Wayne. I especially love the scene where he's telling Chase about his parents death. It's very errie.

There is elements of BF that are too kiddie friendly and campy. But I agree there are some good idea's and I liked the idea of exploring why Bruce is who he is and does what he does. I think them scenes were very interesting. I also prefer that original ending that was filmed, and opening with Two-Face escaping from Arkham.

I dont agree that Chase was to sexual. It was good to see a so called normal character obsessed with Batman. For being a psychologist, it showed how unstable she was. lol And it showed Batman/Bruce's desire for a normal life.

Right on mate!

Any idea where I could find the alternate ending that shows Batman and Robin on the rooftops?  The only other ending I can find has them running in front of the bat signal and then cuts to Chase and Alfred talking in the car.   :-[

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 14:57
My thoughts exactly.

But then again, I'd rather leave stuff like for Burton to handle, because since Two-Face & Riddler weren't taken very seriously, I'm sure it might've been the same for Man-Bat.

Oh, there's no doubt now that characters like the Riddler, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Man-Bat, Scarecrow, ect ect would have been in much better hands now that we see how Schumacher handled them, but this wasnt necessarily something that was expected back when Joel was announced as director. I mean, this was the guy who directed THE LOST BOYS, and FALLING DOWN for christ sakes. The guy has proven to be more than a capable director. Unfortunately, his direction (along with WB's desire to "lighten it up") left a couple of films that a good number of Batman fans feel are substandard.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Matuatay on Wed, 24 Jun  2009, 03:59
Any idea where I could find the alternate ending that shows Batman and Robin on the rooftops?  The only other ending I can find has them running in front of the bat signal and then cuts to Chase and Alfred talking in the car.   :-[
This stuff could be on the SE DVD if I'm not mistaken. Though I haven't looked at Forever or the bonus features for years..so I could be wrong.

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 24 Jun  2009, 12:59
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 14:57
My thoughts exactly.

Oh, there's no doubt now that characters like the Riddler, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Man-Bat, Scarecrow, ect ect would have been in much better hands now that we see how Schumacher handled them, but this wasnt necessarily something that was expected back when Joel was announced as director. I mean, this was the guy who directed THE LOST BOYS, and FALLING DOWN for christ sakes. The guy has proven to be more than a capable director. Unfortunately, his direction (along with WB's desire to "lighten it up") left a couple of films that a good number of Batman fans feel are substandard.

Good point (& I believe he did say that he wanted to incorporate some TDKR elements in BF, as well) .