Batman Forever Deleted Scenes.

Started by Sandman, Sat, 20 Jun 2009, 10:16

Previous topic - Next topic
Has anyone watched the deleted scenes for BF?, Its like they cut all the best parts out, Had they cut some of the most silly scene's an added some of deleted ones Forever would be 10x what it is.

Two of the best scene that really shouldn't have been Cut both involve Val Kilmer and showed just how great his Bruce Wayne/Batman was, First is after the attack on the Batcave Alfred take Bruce to the cave where he fell as a child an finds his father Journal and after reading it finds out that there death was not his fault an then this is followed by a scene with the a bat that i can only say is incredible. The whole scene sh*ts on Nolans Begins Batcave scene, Believe it or not.

Second is a scene with Alfred an Chase which ends with Batman And Robin standing over Gotham much alike Batman did at the end of Batman89.

I don't know why alot of these scenes where cut, But whoever did it should be castrated because they totally ripped apart the best of Kilmer's Performance, Which after seeing these i would say is the 2nd best after Keaton.

If those deleted scenes were re-instated, the film would be much better. The title of the film would have a meaning as well. I'm still waiting for a directors cut, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote from: Joker81 on Sat, 20 Jun  2009, 10:31
Fair points Sandman!!

Thanks Dude, Nice to hear from you again :).

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 20 Jun  2009, 10:33
If those deleted scenes were re-instated, the film would be much better. The title of the film would have a meaning as well. I'm still waiting for a directors cut, but I'm not holding my breath.

To true Dude, I feel the same way. I really would like to make my own so i can take out the scenes i don't care for and add the good ones, But sadly i suck at computers :(.

Quote from: Sandman on Sat, 20 Jun  2009, 10:16
Has anyone watched the deleted scenes for BF?, Its like they cut all the best parts out, Had they cut some of the most silly scene's an added some of deleted ones Forever would be 10x what it is.

Two of the best scene that really shouldn't have been Cut both involve Val Kilmer and showed just how great his Bruce Wayne/Batman was, First is after the attack on the Batcave Alfred take Bruce to the cave where he fell as a child an finds his father Journal and after reading it finds out that there death was not his fault an then this is followed by a scene with the a bat that i can only say is incredible. The whole scene sh*ts on Nolans Begins Batcave scene, Believe it or not.

Second is a scene with Alfred an Chase which ends with Batman And Robin standing over Gotham much alike Batman did at the end of Batman89.

I don't know why alot of these scenes where cut, But whoever did it should be castrated because they totally ripped apart the best of Kilmer's Performance, Which after seeing these i would say is the 2nd best after Keaton.
Dude I cannot agree with that at all, its a good sequence, but nothing beats the Nolan batcave sequence, its flawless.

The extra scenes would make the film a notch darker but not entirely, I would prefer if they left them in for sure.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I don't think the deleted scenes add much to the film at all. The only one that really impressed me was the "The Bat must DIE!" opening.

Sun, 21 Jun 2009, 06:31 #6 Last Edit: Mon, 22 Jun 2009, 03:31 by Sandman
Quote from: DarkVengeance on Sat, 20 Jun  2009, 23:23
Quote from: Sandman on Sat, 20 Jun  2009, 10:16

Dude I cannot agree with that at all, its a good sequence, but nothing beats the Nolan batcave sequence, its flawless.

The extra scenes would make the film a notch darker but not entirely, I would prefer if they left them in for sure.

I have to disagree with that. Nolan's scene while entertaining is very generic and far from flawless.  This scene was prue Batman and it showed just who great Kilmer was, when he picks up and reads the journel the look on his face the tone of his voice esp when he says "It wasn't my fault" is exellent and the kind of performance you would expect from Val kilmer, You feel Bruce's pain an relief and can see for the first time since his parents death that he is happy. It totally blows Bales sadest performance out of the water and into space.

The bit that follows with the Bat is amazing and what the whole movie should have been like, Proving that Schmuacher did indeed have the talent. When the Bat approaches him, The same Bat as when he was a child yet this time he shows no fear and inbraces it and becomes one with it, Whats done with the camera and Kilmers performance is truly amazying. As a total an utter Batnut this gave me a feeling a tingle down my spine i haven't felt in a Batman movie in a long time, Somthing even Ledger's Joker couldn't make me feel. For the first time in a Batman movie you realise why he became Batman an why he will be Batman Forever.

Personally, I thought the giant bat scene was a little too much - in that it would confuse the audience who may not see it as metaphorical.

Quote from: ral on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 11:18
Personally, I thought the giant bat scene was a little too much - in that it would confuse the audience who may not see it as metaphorical.
Fair point. People could take that scene literally.

Quote from: ral on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 11:18

Yeh. The idea was OK. The execution was pretty laughable. That thing looked daft.