song

Started by Catwoman, Wed, 17 Jun 2009, 03:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Wed, 17 Jun  2009, 12:42
What's the name of the song heard in the opening scene (it sort of sounds like "Trust")?

The Future...also by Prince. Just look up the soundtrack on itunes and you can sample all the songs. MOST of the songs were in the movie.

There are 2 Batman soundtraks:

Batman - Motion Picture Soundtrack...all songs by Prince
Batman - Original Motion Picture Score...composed by Danny Elfman.
"I don't know about youy Miss Kitty, but I feel...soo much yummier!"

I still dont have the Prince album, it is a must for my collection.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: silenig on Wed, 17 Jun  2009, 13:12

He had a few songs for the film, those two were the most notable. Thank god the bat dance didnt end up in the film though.

Couldn't agree more. Scandalous is also a bit cheesy IMO and nowhere near the league of the powerful ballad "Face to Face" (one my favorite Siouxsie tracks ever). I agree that Prince's best songs were those two that worked as the "voice" of the Joker, Trust and Partyman.

I agree with you on the Bat Dance.  I love Prince but that song was just a noise, besides it was a self-referential song so it would have been entirely out of place in the film.

Still, I actually rather liked Scandalous, along with Trust and Partyman which were well-utilised into the film as The Joker's personal soundtrack.

Overall, if you're a Prince fan, as I am, you'll probably agree that whilst it's a good album, it's far from being one of his best.  Anyone who's seen 'Sean of the Dead' will know what I mean.   ;D
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

i'm blonde but i'm not stupid. i knew danny elfman did the real cool music. >:(

The songs in the film are:

Opening scene: The Future

Bruce's charity ball: Vicky waiting & Electric chair (both instrumental).

Museum: Partyman

Parade: Trust

End credits: Scanda-lousy, sorry I mean Scandalous. (I'm not really a fan of that one).

I don't know why Lemon crush & Arms of Orion weren't in the film. Back then, I would've liked to have heard Batdance over the end credits.  ::)

Quote from: Rob the Goon on Wed, 17 Jun  2009, 20:01
Back then, I would've liked to have heard Batdance over the end credits.  ::)

Yes, I've always thought that "Scandalous" was a bit too "sexy" to be the closing music for this film.

Quote from: Rob the Goon on Wed, 17 Jun  2009, 20:01
The songs in the film are:

Opening scene: The Future

Bruce's charity ball: Vicky waiting & Electric chair (both instrumental).

Museum: Partyman

Parade: Trust

End credits: Scanda-lousy, sorry I mean Scandalous. (I'm not really a fan of that one).

I don't know why Lemon crush & Arms of Orion weren't in the film. Back then, I would've liked to have heard Batdance over the end credits.  ::)

Not a fan of the Batdance.  Personally, I think Scandalous works much better (I really like this song).  It almost acts as a kind of love theme for Bruce and Vicki, since the film basically closes with them as a couple, and what's wrong with sexy?

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 17 Jun  2009, 20:13
Personally, I think Scandalous works much better (I really like this song).  It almost acts as a kind of love theme for Bruce and Vicki, since the film basically closes with them as a couple, and what's wrong with sexy?

It's just that the song is rather out of place to me as the credits. It would've made more sense to have Bruce play Scandalous during the time he & Vale are "having fun".

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Wed, 17 Jun  2009, 20:25
It's just that the song is rather out of place to me as the credits. It would've made more sense to have Bruce play Scandalous during the time he & Vale are "having fun".

I don't know...Scandalous just left me feeling good at the end of the film.  It was upbeat, but sexy and melodic at the same time, whereas the Bat-dance was just a silly, cacophonous tune.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 17 Jun  2009, 20:32
I don't know...Scandalous just left me feeling good at the end of the film.  It was upbeat, but sexy and melodic at the same time, whereas the Bat-dance was just a silly, cacophonous tune.

I wouldn't want the Batdance as the closing theme either, but other than that, it kicks some major rear.