June 23rd, folks.....

Started by Grissom, Sat, 13 Jun 2009, 12:54

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 24 Jun  2009, 03:26
Um...it's The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" lyrics, just altered by me for this event.

I see (frankly, I really didn't have a clue, because I almost thought it was "Octopus' Garden").

Ahh!!!  I've been so caught up with work and trying to get a new roof put on the house for the last two weeks that I completely forgot about today!  It's 11:17pm here, so I've still got 43 minutes to get the DVD in and start watching! 

Man, I can NOT believe that it was 20 years ago that I was sitting in a theater with my dad seeing this for the first time.  Where does the damn time go??? 

Happy Anniversary to a true classic masterpiece. 

*putting BATMAN into the dvd player now*

I just watched B89.

Still enjoyable as ever.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Wed, 24 Jun  2009, 02:50
And you must never rub another man's rhubarb! :D

Preaching to the choir again, chief.  :P

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

When I reflect about the 20 year anniversary of B A T M A N, I can't help but feel a bit nostalgic for the lost innoncence of childhood, like it's some kind of "Paradise Lost" (no wonder UK's Paradise Lost is my all-time favorite rock band, lol). If a comment like this feels a bit pretentious, those that are still 16, 20 or even 24 should wait till they get dangerously close to the 30 year old mark... :p

Among other things (i.e. a kick-ass fantasy film), Batman for me is a fragment of childhood and innocent times trapped in a crystal ball, a time machine which I sometimes need to touch  :)

Quote from: silenig on Wed, 24 Jun  2009, 12:59
When I reflect about the 20 year anniversary of B A T M A N, I can't help but feel a bit nostalgic for the lost innoncence of childhood, like it's some kind of "Paradise Lost" (no wonder UK's Paradise Lost is my all-time favorite rock band, lol). If a comment like this feels a bit pretentious, those that are still 16, 20 or even 24 should wait till they get dangerously close to the 30 year old mark... :p

Among other things (i.e. a kick-ass fantasy film), Batman for me is a fragment of childhood and innocent times trapped in a crystal ball, a time machine which I sometimes need to touch  :)

I know how you feel silenig...to make matters worse, it's my birthday in a couple of days.  I won't tell you how old I am, but let's just say I'm old enough to remember the Batman '89 hype...  ;)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

All that matters is how you feel, youth is in the heart, not birth certificates  ;D

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 24 Jun  2009, 13:02
I know how you feel silenig...to make matters worse, it's my birthday in a couple of days.  I won't tell you how old I am, but let's just say I'm old enough to remember the Batman '89 hype...  ;)

Consider it a blessing, Mr. Gobbs. Because you know, just as I do ... the hype was nothing short of simply and utterly amazing;)

We already knew something was special about BATMAN even before the film hit the theaters back in 1989. Actually seeing it, just confirmed what we already knew.  8)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 25 Jun  2009, 02:11
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 24 Jun  2009, 13:02

Consider it a blessing, Mr. Gobbs. Because you know, just as I do ... the hype was nothing short of simply and utterly amazing;)

We already knew something was special about BATMAN even before the film hit the theaters back in 1989. Actually seeing it, just confirmed what we already knew.  8)

I was too young to see it in the theatre... :'(, but old enough to remember all the posters, magazines and adverts. :D
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.