June 23rd, folks.....

Started by Grissom, Sat, 13 Jun 2009, 12:54

Previous topic - Next topic
I remember when I saw Batman on the SE dvd over a year ago, I forgot how unique it was, it was dark, thrilling and so poignant. Not many films you can say that you never get tired of watching and Batman is definitely one of them. And I agree that it is still the definitive Batman movie. Burton and Co. showed that you don't have to contemporize (if that's a word!) a comic character to suit a particular audience. You can make an engrossing, psychological film that still stays true to its source material and because they did that, that's why so many people around the world still love and respect this film.

One day to go... ;D

Anything special going on today?   ;D

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

(I'm surprised no one has said this yet)

Happy Birthday to Batman! 8)

Tue, 23 Jun 2009, 05:30 #23 Last Edit: Tue, 23 Jun 2009, 05:32 by Darrell Kaiser
I want a parade, hot dogs, balloons, the whole schmeer! We're gonna celebrate this 20th anniversary proudly And PUBLICLY!

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Tue, 23 Jun  2009, 05:30
I want a parade, hot dogs, balloons, the whole schmeer! We're gonna celebrate this 20th anniversary proudly And PUBLICLY!
;D

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Tue, 23 Jun  2009, 05:30

you gotta say that tonight

A BIG HAPPY 20th TO BATMAN!!!

Twenty years ago this classic film came out that touched the heart of millions and to be alive today to celebrate it's anniversary is great. I actually took the day off from work today and am presently blasting away the Batman soundtrack by Danny Elfman which I just got this past Friday (just in time  ;)). I haven't taken a vacation from work in four (4) years and was recently deciding that I have to take a day off and what better day than Batman's 20th Anniversary, today June 23rd, 2009. I can't tell you how much this film means to me and to come here and see folks who love it as much as I do makes me very content. I'm not alone in this and to be honest it wouldn't have mattered if I was the only one in the world who loves this film.

I wish you guys all the best today and I will be chatting on this forum throughout the day.

P.S. Already had my morning brew in my Batman mug and am currently my 100th percent silver Batman ring.  (yeah I know, I'm a geek!) ;D

Might you be taking part in the chat tonight Grissom?

Im sorry I can't but I'll be watching, believe me I will  love to, but I'm watching Batman this Saturday night and I'll come here and post my thoughts and any comments I have. But it's great that you guys are doing this, i've told a few of my friends and you might see some new faces commenting during the film.

I can't tell of many other films that has such devout fans, from collecting memorabilia, to creating their own bat-suits, batmobile and blogging the film live. You guys are great.

Thanks for such a wonderful site Ral, my favourite on the web, and remember "You're my number one...guy!!

Unfortunately, I will be heading to work pretty soon, and in effect will be missing the commentary/chat with the superb film that is BATMAN, but wish everyone on this site the best and hope you guys have a load of fun!  :D  8)

HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY TO BATMAN!!!!!!

:)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."