June 23rd, folks.....

Started by Grissom, Sat, 13 Jun 2009, 12:54

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 17 Jun 2009, 05:49 #10 Last Edit: Wed, 17 Jun 2009, 05:52 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Panathinaikos Bear on Wed, 17 Jun  2009, 00:06
And not once could I achieved some degree of weariness feeling about it.
True. I never tire of Burton's films. They have a very re-watchable quality. They're not too long, just a nicely paced two hours each.

Agreed, Burton's films are immensely re-watchable not only as superhero films but as great films in general. I never tire and I've actually never heard anybody say that they're tired of watching them.

Underrated classics of Fantasy Cinema.. Really underrated. I wouldn't even call them superhero movies, leave others with more colorful costumes and more self-indulgent poses to earn the "superhero" crown, Burton's Batmen were always pieces of the Fantastic, as much as living comic books true to Bob Kane/Bill Finger's concepts.

I have to say it. Batman 89 is STILL to this day, thee definitive movie Batman.
Sorry Nolan. Your Batman is cool, but there's something about the 89 that has the perfect kick.

I must have watched 89 way over 100 times in the last year alone. And I'm not kidding. I thought I was having a bat attack.

And I can still watch it today without feeling morose or stagnant. Its a great frikken film filled with iconic candies.

I'm a little sad that I wont be able to finish my 89 suit by the 23rd, but I will be rockin' it proudly at San Diego Comic Con in July and will definitely promote the 20 year anniversary. I plan to make small business cards with my Batman 89 myspace and email information, so that hopefully everyone i take pictures with can send me the photos so i can post them up!  :)

I will be watching the batman proudly on the 23rd as I take my day off from working the art desk.  :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

I'm actually taking the day off from work on the 23rd and will be online chatting with you guys as well as others while blasting away the Batman soundtrack by Danny Elfman. I will be watching Batman on Saturday 27th and believe me I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it. It never gets old. A true bonafide classic.

I was thinking about the 25th anniversary. We should definitely arrange something or at least bombard WB to re-release this film in sufficient theatres. I know by then we'll have another Batman film but there should be definitely something big for Batman's 25th.

Quote from: Batnar on Thu, 18 Jun  2009, 14:16
I have to say it. Batman 89 is STILL to this day, thee definitive movie Batman.
Sorry Nolan. Your Batman is cool, but there's something about the 89 that has the perfect kick...

...And I can still watch it today without feeling morose or stagnant. Its a great frikken film filled with iconic candies.

You're spot on Batnar.  The first Tim Burton Batman film is completely unique, and as far as I'm concerned, the definitive Batman film.  Fine, Burton made a few alterations to the original story (i.e. The Joker killing Bruce's parents; Bruce not really being a playboy type), but stylistically, it captures the comic-book better than any of the other films.

Plus, it's one of those films I can watch again and again without getting bored.  There are so many reasons for this - Jack Nicholson, the wonderfully streamlined plot, the fun Prince music, Keaton's engaging performance, the beautiful Kim Basinger, the brilliant supporting cast especially Palance and Gough, and Burton's tight but highly imagnative direction.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Agreed guys! I never get bored of Batman!!!