Chip Shreck

Started by johnnygobbs, Mon, 8 Jun 2009, 15:54

Previous topic - Next topic
What does everyone think happened to 'Gotham's favourite son'?  Do you think he used his wealth to get revenge on Catwoman or Batman for his father's death?  Did he proceed with the power plant, or was he completely clueless about its existence?

Anyway, I liked Andrew Bryniarski in this role (despite his funny speech inflections: "Daaad, Mr Maayoor.  It's time to bring joooy to the maasses").  He reminded me of a cross between Christian Bale's fake Bruce Wayne playboy persona, and Jim, the bully from Edward Scissorhands.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Not sure.

I don't think that great white dope had revenge in him.

Chip probably just chose to skip town.

Personally, Chip didnt come across as anywhere near as shrewd as his father Max, and I generally view him as just another one of those kids born into wealth, who enjoy the lifestyle, but ultimately never displaying the initiative, or talent of their parents who may, or may not be well known public figures.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 16:19

Chip probably just chose to skip town.

Personally, Chip didnt come across as anywhere near as shrewd as his father Max, and I generally view him as just another one of those kids born into wealth, who enjoy the lifestyle, but ultimately never displaying the initiative, or talent of their parents who may, or may not be well known public figures.

I think you're spot on Joker.  Chip probably had a massive trust fund to live off and so never felt he needed to develop the initiative or drive to achieve success on his own steam.  I suspect he probably spent the rest of his fortune on living the high life, and without his father around to cover his back any longer, probably lost it all by marrying and divorcing some attractive gold-digger who was much shrewder and smarter than himself.

when i finish my story you'll see what happened to him.

To be honest he came off super annoying to me almost everytime he was onscreen during the film.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 17:35
To be honest he came off super annoying to me almost everytime he was onscreen during the film.

He was annoying, but I thought that suited his character.  He was meant to come across as a rich obnoxious jerk with a phony job at his father's company, more than likely harassing Selina.  It's a pity the filmmaker's didn't keep the scene in the screenplay where he spies on Selina for his dad, before entering her apartment and getting trapped by her.