"love that joker!"

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 8 Jun 2009, 01:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Who didnt? it showed the amazingly flambouyant insanity of Joker maybe better then any other scene in the movie.

I also enjoy the aspect of how truly disturbing the commercial could have been seen as if not for the obvious and intentional comedic flare directed towards the general audiences who flocked to see Burton's Batman. First we see a couple of news anchors reporting about the deaths of two models, and up pops this bizarre commercial of someone called, the "Joker" hocking "Joker Products"! It's all too apparent that there is definately a connection between this guy, "Joker Products" and the deaths of the models mentioned moments before (Especially with those photos, BTW), but before the bizarre commercial concludes, we have the Joker in a not-too-subtlety-but-of-course-jokingly way imply that thousands may have already purchased these "products", and images of the recently deceased model's exclaiming, "Love that Joker!"

"So remember, put on a happy face!"  ;D

^
This was just pure Joker excellence.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It was definitly one of the best parts of the film.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

It's a great scene, although it's a pity that the scene that immediately precedes it in the screenplay was not retained for the movie.  I believe that Sam Hamm's original screenplay actually had a sequence in which the very models in the Joker's broadcast, are shown slowly undergoing their rictus-grin disfiguration as they pose for a model shoot.

As it is, the shot in which the camera pulls to Becky, the newsreader who is lying on the floor with a perma-grin, still gives me the shivers when I watch Batman.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Mon, 8 Jun 2009, 15:50 #5 Last Edit: Sat, 13 Jun 2009, 02:45 by TheBatMan0887
I thought it was funny. In the end with the fanboy comments, I wish they kinda left it out. They can't comprehend any of this as as dark or dark humour, not even the buzzer scene or acid making contact with flesh. One said it goes back and forth and doesn't fit, yet I don't think he even interprets any of this pass being Remero.

Then again, I think that as the one poster of the "Burton's BatMan" thread, Burton would have chosen something darker for Joker. Peters is the one who added the bell tower, not wanting Vale to die only due to the audience reaction.

Infact, looking at that "Hollywood had the last laugh" article it appears that Burton didn't know what they were to do up there due to this. Either it became a lighter mood due to improv, just messing around up there, or due to quickly writing in the heat of this add on. It's appearent that it has the most amount of gagery in one shot. They probably used "Dreadful Birthday, Dear Joker" gags to fill in gap (as well as the glasses).

I think that the only good from it is that Vale doesn't die, but maybe Burton would have done a death more similar to the ending of BatMan #1.

EDIT: All in all, I think it was realy good in gritt, darkness and insanity with the dead guy in the chair and Joker going on as if he's nothing, also the warning threat at the end (you may already have buaght it).
A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D

Sat, 13 Jun 2009, 19:27 #6 Last Edit: Sun, 14 Jun 2009, 01:45 by TheBatMan0887
Wow, I read the Killing Joke and while the theme is more adult....same campy clown...bang gun...acid-esque cane end (or what ever this was)...

I'm recalling my statement. I thought it was a betrayal of character and more aken to Remero thanks to them...but the commercial was right on spot with the character of the thrill ride that shown Barbra unconsious, with how Joker presented himself. It felt like a circus clown.... Infact Joker has not changed much over the years after the 50's-60's. As if he was only given an adult theme until the years near BB and TDK...hmmm.

The Nolzies must die for their lies (not counting ones who like both). I know now where he is influenced from this book. Alot more could come from this book if you think about it. It may be a continuation of previous works, but he only got a limited amount of books to view from, mostly the oldest, the CERTAIN out of the 70's run and this. I know the pictures of victems come from this book definately due to have officially read and loved it. I mean, why is it just this cover that features him taking pictures. Also the guys look similar to the several that go with jack as well, one has a thin mustache. We know the mirror scene is inspired by the first time he takes off the hood. If they did it in the older, then it would be the same issue as Burton/Hamm would be influenced by both to make their very similar version.

Why wasn't this shown?

Sorry Nolzies but Nolan's Joker is a little far off from the Killing Joke with making him more a typical punk criminal with the skills to harrass the bat man. There is no dark clown theme at all.

Sorry for a double post...
A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D

This was a great thread until the Nolan-bashing began in a very immature way!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I don't think he was bashing Nolan, but yeah - there is no need to veer of topic

Quote from: ral on Tue, 16 Jun  2009, 11:42
I don't think he was bashing Nolan, but yeah - there is no need to veer of topic
Yessssssssssss.