max

Started by Catwoman, Sun, 7 Jun 2009, 23:03

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: catwoman on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 01:22
i just ****ing said that.

Not specifically in those words. DKD gave more info than your statement  ;)

Shreck is one of the best batman villain in any of the movies imo he was a master manipulator but they did give him the one human trait of the love for his son i think Burton wanted to show you didnt have to have a psychotic event to make you a truly evil person.

I would easily put him over Batman forevers twoface,B&R freeze and Poisen ivy and BB Scarecrow,falcone and Ras and TDK Maroni on the best villains pantheon.

Quote from: ral on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 01:13
max was a great character. his script was great -  written as a quick thinking, no nonsense wise ass amoung all the theatrically of the other characters.

Walken is just so damn watchable
Damn straight.

My sister had a cat called Max.  8)

Ironically, he doubled as Miss Kitty when I tried to make a spoof of Returns at college! Couldn't finish the film as the girl playing Catwoman got pregnant.  :'( (Sound familiar?)

Anyway, back on topic. The only thing I didn't like about the character of Max was that white wig! Didn't suit Walken in my eyes.

Quote from: Rob the Goon on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 11:30
The only thing I didn't like about the character of Max was that white wig! Didn't suit Walken in my eyes.

I have to disagree. It made Max look vampiric (even though Walken already looked intimidating in the first place), which was a nice touch.

Walken is great in the role, but to be honest he kinda brings me outta the fantasy of the film, its just like oh cool Christopher Walken in a Batman film.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

i liked his appearance. made him all the more evil looking.

The fact that he was all tan and pasty looking was weird to me.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Max Shreck was a great villain! Thanks to another memorable performance from Christopher Walken.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Christopher Walken. Nuff said.  ;D