Happy Birthday to Prince!

Started by Dark Knight Detective, Sun, 7 Jun 2009, 20:02

Previous topic - Next topic
The Party Man himself has turned 51 today... so get the funk up! ;D

All hail, the new king in town!

Hey Dark Knight Detective, you beat me to the punch.  I was also going to start happy birthday Prince thread today.  I guess I'm not the only fan of the Purple one. :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun,  7 Jun  2009, 21:16
Hey Dark Knight Detective, you beat me to the punch.  I was also going to start happy birthday Prince thread today.

I actually almost forgot that today was his birthday, until my mother brought it up (she loves Prince)! :D

I only remembered cos I'm watching a Prince top 40 on VH1 Classic at the moment.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I actually think princes input,master genius of pop that he is, was one of the mistakes of the movie it allowed the film to age far faster then it would have with a complete traditional score imo.  Though certain scenes like the gallery one are the exception.  I really think though Elfman could have easily made interpretations of the tunes prince came up with.

Prince is the freakin man!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Happy Birthday!

And I've actually come to like his songs in the film ;D They're not as seemless as "Face to Face" is in Returns, but I don't think they're as much dead weight as they're sometimes said to be.

I play Partyman everytime I go to a bar with an internet jukebox. :o

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.