The Box...In Every Home in America, And One Day the World.

Started by TheBatman, Tue, 2 Jun 2009, 14:38

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Fri,  5 Jun  2009, 14:49
Quote from: DarkVengeance on Fri,  5 Jun  2009, 14:43
... I didnt really like the idea of "The Box" I feel like that is so much more of a science fiction theme than anything remotely related to modern Batman mythos.

It fits the sci-fi Batman comics of the fifties, so maybe that could've been in mind while Forever was in development.

Uslan likes to think that each batman film depicts a different era of batman comics, whish he is correct IMO, but I always thought of BF as late 60's early 70's comics for some reason but thats just me.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I'd say that Forever represents the post Robin Batman/Detective Comics of the 40's & 50's, & some of the 70's.

I wouldnt disagree with you one bit!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Robin is definitely from the Jason Todd era though - even down to Two-Face killing a parent and Robin not taking Two-Face's life when he gets the chance.

Quote from: ral on Fri,  5 Jun  2009, 19:23
Robin is definitely from the Jason Todd era though - even down to Two-Face killing a parent and Robin not taking Two-Face's life when he gets the chance.

First time I've heard someone other than me say this (on this site)!

And you could say that Dick's characterization in B&R was like Jason Todd's (from the Modern Age) while under Ivy's influence; whiny, rebellious, & always giving Bruce/Batman an attitude.

I think the riddler should have done something more similar to Joker in the new movie with the ships at the end. Deadly riddles suits him more. I think that with Burton dissliking the script too that they would have gone with something more of a detective mystery. They did have some interesting bits in Forever, but they ruined it by changing it more into the box being the main idea.

I think Nolan's riddler going to be just the same way and you know it. A detective style theme, most likely with a person they have to save in a certain time or something else.
A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D