Val Kilmer was the best Batman in the Burton/Schumacher era

Started by Keatonfan#1, Sun, 20 Jan 2008, 06:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Kilmer did a respectable job in the role, but I prefer Keaton.

Dull, stale and unmemorable.

He seemed to shoot for a Keaton imperssonation, but ended up delivering a second rate one, and making the typical mistake that to portray a cold character you shouldn't show any type of expression.

And even though I prefer Kilmer to Clooney, at least Clooney could smik and not make it look forced.

Val Kilmer brought basically nothing new to the role.  Keaton brought a certain psychotic sensibility to the part, Clooney made Batman a smirking tool but Kilmer basically just showed up and collected a paycheck.  He was just blank, which is odd considering Kilmer's roles up to then were typically pretty nuanced and layered.

Kilmer's an odd sort of guy he is an exellent actor and can even be one of the best when he wants to be. One problem is he is very hard to work with why i don't know but i know that he didn't like the script or many of the changes that Schumacher made to get away from the burton movies.

Also one of the biggest things people have to that into consideration is when he work's with someone he likes he can give a performance that can't be topped eg. Tombstone, The Doors, Ghost And The Darkness but he and i can't stress this enough HATED working with Schumacher they argued alot on the set even coming to a shoving contest once.

One of the most surprising things is that Val said that he really liked the first two movies an michael keaton's performance and wanted todo his best atempt at it but Schumacher wanted a whole new take on the movies an that was one of many reason they didn't get along.

No doubt about it my friend as much as i like VK and am sad that his Batman didn't turn out as good as i should have, hes NO Keaton when it comes to Batman.

I've think keatons bruce wayen/ batman was way darker then val's batman. 

Without a doubt. Keaton's silent demeanour and quiet whisper are way too cool. One of my favourite shots in the entire series features Keaton, brooding in a pitch black room and stands to attention when the bat-signal is turned on. Keaton was deep.

I thought Val Kilmer was a very good batman indeed,but I love Keaton's
peformance more. Kilmer plays an excellent Bruce Wayne and Batman just
as great as Keaton.^^ ;D ;)

I am Vengence,I Am The Night....

Yeah, I thought Keaton was much darker than Kilmer....But why do the film producers always claim that Val Kilmer was a "much darker batman"??
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."