Keaton thrills young Bat fan

Started by The Dark Knight, Sun, 31 May 2009, 15:27

Previous topic - Next topic
MICHAEL KEATON thrilled a young BATMAN fan with a visit to the set of his new film after spotting the kid sporting a homemade superhero costume.

Keaton took over directorial duties on the set of The Merry Gentleman when filmmaker Ron Lazzeretti's appendix burst and had to give up the project.

The actor thrilled cast and crew with his personable nature - and showed it extended to fans too.

Co-star Tom Bastounes explains, "One day we were filming in a park and there was little boy there and he had a makeshift Batman outfit on. It wasn't like a store-bought one. He made it at home.

"He had the pointy ears and the mask and he had a Batman symbol on his chest. Michael noticed him from across the street and walked over.

"Of course the mum noticed him right away and made a big fuss. The kid was about four or five. Michael signed the kid's cape and signed something for the mum. Then he brought them both to the set and they watched some of the shoot. He's very sweet that way.

"He's very generous with his time but you still have these pinch me moments, where you suddenly realise, 'Hey, I'm working with Batman.'"

Keaton played the Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns films.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/keaton-still-bats-for-batman-fans_1105010

Great find, The Dark Knight. I could never get tired with reading news about Keaton. Many thanks.

But I just wish that kid was me. I so envy him! :D

Nice article there!

Keaton is no doubt a class act.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Keaton is the man.   Makes me happy that he's still proud of his Batman days.

Tue, 2 Jun 2009, 10:57 #5 Last Edit: Tue, 2 Jun 2009, 11:02 by Batman
That is one nice gesture!

I wonder why he supports himself with crutches in those pictures shown in the article, when the text reads:

QuoteKeaton took over directorial duties on the set of The Merry Gentleman when filmmaker Ron Lazzeretti's appendix burst and had to give up the project.

I love Keaton...  :) He's such a great guy.  Lucky kid!
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Keaton is a down to earth guy, a gentleman and just so darn cool. 8)

Keaton's great.  What a decent guy! 

I've always loved him in films like The Dream Team and Beetlejuice (and Batman of course).
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.