Which one is the best?

Batman
13 (52%)
Batman Returns
12 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Quote from: ral on Tue, 26 May  2009, 23:56
Quote from: catwoman on Tue, 26 May  2009, 23:51
eh idk i like the batman and robin one better than the batman one. lol.

i never saw the batman returns one till a few years ago and it made me cry because it fits in so much with the depressing tone of the ending.

depressing? catwoman lived  ;)
...lived for her own spin-off...starring Halle Berry....actually yeah you're right...depressing  :'(

ohhhhhh gah you made it even worse. you had to bring that up!  :'(

Batman's poster is better.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 27 May  2009, 00:44

Are you referring to the emblems, by any chance (that's what I meant by "logos") ?

I voted for Batman because for me that is Batman.  That is the poster, the image, that sucked me in and helped Batman knock Star Wars out of my number one film of all time spot.  (Of course Lucas and his million revesions didn't help matters either :)) The Returns logo in all honesty wasn't used as much, at least not in my neck of the words.  The poster with the the faces of Batman, Catwoman and The Penguin and the Penguin Commandos at the bottom, I feel is better known. (You would think as big as a Batman fan I am, I would know the difference between the teaser, A, B etc posters.  I've got some studying to do.)  I totally understand where one can relate sadness to the Returns poster.  I feel that too and I every time I see that poster it takes me back to Christmas of 1993 when HBO was playing Batman Returns and I was celebrating Christmas Eve in a hotel with my Grandma and family. 

The thing I love about the Batman '89 poster is that it isn't flashy.  They didn't over do it with pictures of the actors, scenes from the movie or even worse, some sort of painting which the Star Wars Episodes 1-3 suffered from greatly in my opinion.  No, all they had to do was use the Bat-Symbol and use "June 23" and we all knew what was about to go down.   Then of course came the second poster with "Nicholson" Keaton" and the credits at the bottom.  And again, they didn't go flashy, it was mysterious and kept us guessing as to what we really would see.  Even the trailer for the film didn't reveal that much in terms of giving away the plot.  It did it's job wonderfully and had us all in the theater at one point (or several points!) in the summer or fall of 1989. 

As the saying goes, less is more.  I couldn't agree more.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Wed, 27 May  2009, 00:47
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 27 May  2009, 00:44

Are you referring to the emblems, by any chance (that's what I meant by "logos") ?
This thread is regarding Burton poster logos. I like Batman's poster better.

It's more iconic.

I like how different they are. Batman's letters are a bit in your face
(like the Impact font) and instantly recognisable, while Batman Returns looks a bit like Times New Roman with a slight twist. This is my favorite font for a Batman title (as well as the thicker version shown in the opening credits of the film). Simple and elegant, timeless.

As for the emblems, I also have a thing for the snow. But the B89 is the more classic of all yellow ovals.

I prefer the 89 one. VERY iconic.  ;D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Quote from: GuedesGothamKnight on Sun, 31 May  2009, 18:28
I prefer the 89 one. VERY iconic.  ;D
Yep, it contrasts very well. Gold on a black background - can't beat that.

Mon, 1 Jun 2009, 02:57 #18 Last Edit: Mon, 1 Jun 2009, 09:59 by Dark Knight Detective
I voted for the Returns emblem, as it's more "exotic". :)

Oh, the snow. So cold, yet so beautiful. It's truly one of a kind. 8)

The Bat Symbol immersed in Snow. Made you realize that Returns was going to be a much different film than 89.