Started by Dark Knight Detective, Wed, 20 May 2009, 14:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one is better?

Batman
15 (78.9%)
Batman Returns
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Wed, 20 May 2009, 14:31 Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2009, 14:42 by Dark Knight Detective
Tough choice. I think I love both of them equally.

Could never split the two. Don't make me choose!

Like 'em both, but my vote is for Batman89.

Wed, 20 May 2009, 16:17 #3 Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2009, 16:20 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 20 May  2009, 16:13
Like 'em both, but my vote is for Batman89.

Why (if you don't mind me asking, as I thought you would've said equal or Returns) ?

Anton Furst's work puts it over the line. It just feels more gritty and less like a set, where Returns sometimes did.

Wed, 20 May 2009, 16:25 #5 Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2009, 16:28 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 20 May  2009, 16:18
Anton Furst's work puts it over the line. It just feels more gritty and less like a set, where Returns sometimes did.

You got to admit though, while Returns' setting was a sound stage, it looked absolutely fantastic (while not as gritty as Furst's, it's still pure Batman). And for that, I voted for it.

Apples and oranges, eh?

Sometimes which Gotham I enjoy the most depends on my mood. Furst's is a masterpiece, a retro-futuristic urban nightmare, the perfect Gotham City, gothic enough to imagine a gargoyle-like hero protecting it, yet "realistic" enough to make it feel like a city, only a dystopian one. This is how Gotham should look. Welch's on the other hand is a baroque/gothic wet dream, an expanded version of Edward Scissorhand's castle or, as some others put it, Bruce Wayne's inner psyche transformed into architecture  ;D

And I love that these huge statues that eternally pull the levers in Gotham Plaza were turned into legos for Lego Batman. There are fans of BR in unexpected places :)

I like them both, but I prefer the 89's. It's a little darkest than the Return's one.
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

1989 was a little more inspiring. I think I've explained why already. Theyre both great looking but 89 was definitely more thought out and heavily referenced.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

this isn't even a contest, 89 all the way