Batman 89 and Batman Returns trading cards!

Started by Batnar, Thu, 14 May 2009, 20:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 16 May 2009, 19:14 #10 Last Edit: Sat, 16 May 2009, 19:22 by Batnar
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 16 May  2009, 04:45
Quote from: Batnar on Fri, 15 May  2009, 04:31
I do have the 89 glossy cards too and those are just as great. =]
I'm going to look into purchasing the complete Batman89 card collection soon. Are the glossy Batman89 cards very similar (or exactly the same standard) to the glossy Returns cards, Batnar?

I hope this answers your question bro. I took some pics!
Oh and I found my Zeller's Batman Returns cards too! Got those in PA along with a complete set of out of wrapper Batman Returns cards for 1 dollar! Yeah, I couldnt believe it either, but the vendor was trying to get rid of this 1 dollar section stacks of cards. I immediately jumped on them  :).

Heres pics of the glossy 89 2nd series i bought on ebay. The box is pretty beat up but the cards are mint.

Note the glossy coating.

And here are my Zeller's cards.  ;)

The 2nd series 89 are only glossy on the front. More glossy than the Returns cards i posted up there. But their backs are regular finish card stock whereas the Returns cards have a gloss finish on both sides.
Oh and yes, the glossy special edition 89 cards are definitely higher quality than the regular 89 cards. For one thing, the regular cards are printed on what looks to be recycled card stock. Has sort of a textured surface. Where as the premium cards are smooth and printed one a much whiter stock of paper.

Hope that clears that up  ;)

Oh and thanks everyone. Yes I felt truly lucky to score 2 boxes for 15 dollars. They didnt have the 2nd series though and I was looking for those as well. Ebay may be my next shot later.

-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Awesome collection, Batnar..... but I definitely envy you, now! :D

Thanks for clearing my question up with the pictures, Batnar. Much appreciated.

the Merlin stickers set is awesome.. have a few copies of the album and a few sets pof the stickers..lots of great shots

I remember buying the merlin album back in 89, but you couldn't get stickers for it in the shops over here! crazy.

I found the Merlin album at the San Diego Comic Con back in '92 the summer  Batman Returns came out...I'd never seen it before and snagged all 4 copies the dealer had...also grabbed a complete set of the stickers and found a few other sets over the years

Theres some cards there I definitly dont have, and I never even knew about the Zellers cards, jeesh where have I been.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Fri,  5 Jun  2009, 13:14
Theres some cards there I definitly dont have, and I never even knew about the Zellers cards, jeesh where have I been.

Don't feel bad my friend.  I didn't know about the Zellers cards until last year when I saw them at an antique mall.  I happend to be there today in fact and they are still there.  They dealer just wants a little too much for them in my opinion.  If you look on Ebay you might be able to snag them for a great deal.

I got the ones in the pic for a dollar.  :P
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."