Christopher Fairbank Interview

Started by Paul (ral), Mon, 11 May 2009, 22:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Grissom on Tue, 19 May  2009, 16:23
Ral, you are not what you seem. Such great behind the scenes photos, great interviews, other great stuff from the film. Are you sure you're not a sort of modern day Batman, sleuthing and getting us all this info?

Don't thank me - we're all part of the same team.........goodnight (waves)

Seriously though, thanks to everyone on the site that either contributes or visits. I may have added a couple of interviews, but the goodies some guys have given (cough - Reevz666, silenig, Black Bat, Proximo, wayne_manor, ?tila Santos, GuedesGothamKnight and everyone else - cough) are just fantastic!

Quote from: Grissom on Tue, 19 May  2009, 16:23If so, I need to see the Batcave.  ;)

I'm painting it at the moment. :D

great interview Ral! ;)

and I'm not very shocked at the fact that he wasn't too overly enthusiastic about his time on the film....it wasn't a very happy set to be working on and a lot of the British crew weren't too thrilled with Jon Peters making thing difficult during filming.

Quote from: Reevz666 on Wed, 20 May  2009, 01:22
great interview Ral! ;)

and I'm not very shocked at the fact that he wasn't too overly enthusiastic about his time on the film....it wasn't a very happy set to be working on and a lot of the British crew weren't too thrilled with Jon Peters making thing difficult during filming.
Any examples of that?

How did Christopher sound ral? Just like in the film?

I'm not very good with recognising regional accents in England, but I would say it's a southern english accent - kinda posh and well educated-like...

...if that sounds right. Quite gravelly.

I didn't ask him about the dubbing...cause it's obvious from his voice he wasn't.

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Wed, 20 May  2009, 04:09
Quote from: Reevz666 on Wed, 20 May  2009, 01:22
great interview Ral! ;)

Any examples of that?

there is very little examples that are on the record...most of the things I've heard were told to me by either FX guys who worked the film or people who have worked for Guber Peters Co..anyone in the industry at that time knew that Peters was a huge pain to work with and had a habit of making film sets a less than pleasant place to be..Steven Spielberg banned him from the set of the Color Purple JUST on what he'd heard he was like on past movies...on Batman 89, with the addition of Nicholson, the movies budget climbed higher than it was originally estimated....WB got nervous and figured that they'd better send Peters over to over see the production and make sure that their huge investment didn't tank( WB were already worried about the fan outcry over the casting of Keaton) so he pretty much went over and took over, changed scenes, bullied and fired crew members ect..... there are a few interviews with Keaton ,Burton as well as Robert Whul out there that do hint that the production was a nightmare... Burton has said it in many interviews that the production was "torture"...Keaton has also said that he wasn't very easy to work with during the shoot.... but for some real dirt I highly recommend reading a book called "Hit & Run"...it's about the Peter Guber & Jon Peters career as Producers and has a VERY interesting chapter in the book on the filming of the 89 Batman...I'd also bet that the new Jon Peters auto book coming out will have some nice stuff in there as well...maybe even some new pics>holding my breath<

Reevz, any idea if there's truth to the rumor that Keaton came close to assaulting/intimidating Peters in his Batsuit after a particular bout of Peters pestering Burton?

I've heard that bandied about, and it seems like it's in Keaton's nature from all I know about him.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I'll ask someone who would know for sure....I do know that Nicholson had words with Peters a few times, one of them was in front of the entire crew during the Cathedral climb scene

Christopher's interview is now available for the general public to view.