Favorite Batman comic book outfit

Started by Dark Knight Detective, Sun, 10 May 2009, 16:22

Previous topic - Next topic
I love that artwork - absolutely love it.

Imagine a movie with that in it!

Well, Kia Asamiya is a manga/anime artist. Maybe he could do the design work for an animated Burton Batman 3.

I'd be all over it like The Batman on a group of thugs robbing a bank.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Sun, 10 May  2009, 16:22
Batman is known for having a wide variety of batsuits. But which one(s) do you like the most?

I'm going to have to go with the "New Look" (the grey/blue or black costume w/ the yellow elipse). I grew up with it, & it has left quite a mark in my life (Batman should still have this appearance in today's comics).

Here's two definitive images of the "New Look":

(by Neal Adams)

(by Norm Breyfogle)

Ditto on every word. Nothing else to add - Thats the Batman I got to know and thats the look I always liked the most - the long-er ears and the yellow oval. I remember when there were some flashback stories with the big black bat logo and short ears I was always dissapointed because I really disliked the original suit. And I mean REALLY bummed out that To this day, Im not that crazy about it

Quote from: GothamAlleys on Fri, 15 Oct  2010, 22:46
Ditto on every word. Nothing else to add - Thats the Batman I got to know and thats the look I always liked the most - the long-er ears and the yellow oval. I remember when there were some flashback stories with the big black bat logo and short ears I was always dissapointed because I really disliked the original suit. And I mean REALLY bummed out that To this day, Im not that crazy about it

I say we petition for the "New Look"'s resurrection & send it to DC. There's nothing like good old classic detective Batman.

i understand liking batman with blue and grey but i say it looks silly.

anybody ever seen Batman all black with a yellow sheild on his chest like in the movies? come to think of it ive never seen that. ever.
There is no better Joker. Just different portrayals.

Quote from: CorbyTheJoker on Tue, 22 Mar  2011, 23:03
i understand liking batman with blue and grey but i say it looks silly.

anybody ever seen Batman all black with a yellow sheild on his chest like in the movies? come to think of it ive never seen that. ever.

Batman had an all-black costume for a while in the 90's. It's called the "Troika suit", after the storyline it first appeared in. Here's a good look at it: http://img3.imagebanana.com/img/sxeetj0c/mark_bagley_SpiderMan_and_BatmanDiso.jpg

I'm a "New Look" fan, but I enjoy black/grey too. All black is too plain for my tastes, and doesn't highlight the superheroic nature of the character well enough.
— Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc. —