Top 5 'Less Liked' Scenes/Moments From Burton's Bat Films

Started by The Dark Knight, Sun, 10 May 2009, 04:57

Previous topic - Next topic
My top 5:
1 - The Waynes murder. It looked so unreal! (not because The Joker is the killer.)
2 - Bruce saying "I'm not sure!" to Vicki. Why he has said that? ::)
3 - Vicki getting in the Batcave. The scene is really emotional, But she discover Bruce's secret so fast!
4 - Bruce & Vick almost falling down in the cathedral. Great interpretation of Nicholson, but Bats & Vick looked dumb!
5 - Knox car aciddent.
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

1. the ice princess's death. i relate to her soooooooo much. she's almost my hero without the whole falling and screaming and dying part...i've done all that too though.

lol

2. when joker snaps the burnt guy's neck. eww.

3. some of the penguin's scenes. he was g-ross. sometimes it was ok but other times its like ugh get off my screen you nasty little man. can you imagine how he must have smelled?!

4. vicki vale screaming at EVERYTHING. seriously. NOT doing a good job of getting rid of the helpless screaming woman stereotype.

5. um. this is hard. hmm. way too much thinking required because i havent seen them in a while. ummmmmmmmmmmm. idk. i just have 4 and i'm lucky i came up with that many. lol.

Quote from: catwoman on Tue, 12 May  2009, 12:31
4. vicki vale screaming at EVERYTHING. seriously. NOT doing a good job of getting rid of the helpless screaming woman stereotype.
I agree. Her constant scream fest can get quite annoying.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 12 May  2009, 12:43

The same could be said about Vicki Vale!

Quote from: ral on Sun, 10 May  2009, 16:35

3. The odd moments where Keaton "imitates" himself - too much stare and pout - most noticable before zipping across to the building where the Ice Princess is.

;D yeah, but this Batman movements have their own charm, like Peter Weller's movements in the first Robocop or Arnold's head-turn and walk in the Terminators.

4. The moments where Danny Elfman's soundtrack resemble Nightmare before Christmas - only adding a campiness.
Hey, I think the "Cat Suite" and "Batman Vs. The Circus" music works.  ;D One could say the same about a specific sound heard in B89 (it's more characteristic when we first see Grissom's building, or when Newspaper headlines appear) that sounds TOO comic-bookish

5. Baby Oswald grabbing the cat - too much dark humour that removes the sympathy for the character and paints him as a villian from the start - which isn't how he was intended
I hated it as well, cause I love cats.  ;D

I agree with some odd moments here and there: Vicky Vale's screaming, the Penguin driving a toy batmobile-simulation, and some more

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Tue, 12 May  2009, 12:45

THATS WHO I WAS TALKING ABOUT. dork.

Quote from: catwoman on Tue, 12 May  2009, 15:55
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Tue, 12 May  2009, 12:45

THATS WHO I WAS TALKING ABOUT. dork.

My mistake. :-[

I misread "Vicki Vale", thinking that it was "The Ice Princess". ;)

From BF:

1 - Catwoman's born
2 - The ice princess death
3 - "It's Vichissoisse, sir" The scene is good, but this moment was?? ::)
4 - Max Shrek shooting Seline/Catwoman in the artic world
5  - Penguin's funeral
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.