Started by Creature Of The Night, Wed, 6 May 2009, 05:13

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 20 Nov 2010, 10:57 #20 Last Edit: Sat, 20 Nov 2010, 13:00 by GothamAlleys
Since most of you put out the whole top 6, Ill do the same. So:

1. The Killing Joke - Moore/Bolland

2. Identity Crisis (Scarecrow story, Batman #455 ) - Grant/Breyfogle

3. Letters To The Editor (Anarky story) - Grant/Breyfogle

4. Stone Cold Killer(Detective Comics #616) - Grant/Breyfogle
Its also the spookiest Batman comic Ive ever read (this and Mignola's Sanctum)

5. Images (Joker story, Legends of the Dark Knight #50) - O'Neil/Blevins

6. Batman Venom - O'Neil/Braun

Arkham Asylum is 100 percent my favourite Batman comic story.

This review I wrote brought it all back:

http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=287.0

they did one in 2007 where the scarecrow didnt need his gas and one where zatana guest star fighting the joker.
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Picked up the Hush completed edition paperback today. Nice to have both books in one. Reflecting on it again, I do love this effort. The art is obviously breathtakingly good, and worth re-read after re-read for that alone. Which is a real plus, since comics, like films, are a visual medium. Also, what I appreciate about Hush is the story itself. It is pure spectacle and they cram a ton of things in. Namely with the cast. Catwoman. Ivy. Harley. Joker. Harvey. Ras. Huntress. Riddler. Nightwing. Superman. Lois. Clayface. Tim Drake references. Etc, etc. It feels like a Rocksteady Batman game in that sense. And it also has the fantasy angle where anything is possible. No constraints, but still with enough human grounding - which is evident in Batman's relationship with Selina, Harold, Drake's past and Elliot himself. While it may not be on the level of Year One, it's very entertaining and and never boring. And that's the main thing when it comes to escapism, right?