'You Missed!' clown
5 (31.3%)
Belfry ballbreaker
0 (0%)
Other
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Wed, 22 Apr 2009, 19:58 #20 Last Edit: Wed, 16 Feb 2011, 00:20 by THE BAT-MAN
I honestly can't decide on the best takedown because they are all great, but I would like to nominate a takedown that didn't get mentioned.  The scene in Axis Chemicals when one of the thug's thinks he's in the clear, batman remains hidden in the shadows and out of nowhere he backhands the guys face.  I really like the way Keaton pauses after the thug gets knockdown.

I had to vote for the"you missed" clown. The timing is choice.

Quote from: THE "BAT-MAN" on Wed, 22 Apr  2009, 19:58
I honestly can't decide on the best takedown because they are all great, but I would like to nominate a takedown that didn't get mentioned.  The scene in Axis Chemicals when one of thug's thinks he's in the clear, batman remains hidden in the shadows and out of nowhere he backhands the guys face.  I really like the way Keaton pauses after the thug gets knockdown.

That has always been one of my favorites too! Again, it's all about the timing.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

My fav is the Axis explosion.
" Into the air junior birdman! Missed me! HAHAHAHA!!"
"Yeah, watch me!"  ;D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

The Axis Chemicals explosion scene is just so heroic. And it helps a great deal to have Elfman's 'Charge of the Batmobile' playing over the top.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 25 Apr  2009, 06:28
The Axis Chemicals explosion scene is just so heroic. And it helps a great deal to have Elfman's 'Charge of the Batmobile' playing over the top.

Hear! Hear!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 25 Apr  2009, 06:28

Yeah man, very heroic! Batman destroing The Joker reign of deadly products with his badass ride! ;D And the music fits so iconic...
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

I honestly can't decide on the best takedown because they are all great, but I would like to nominate a takedown that didn't get mentioned.  The scene in Axis Chemicals when one of thug's thinks he's in the clear, batman remains hidden in the shadows and out of nowhere he backhands the guys face.  I really like the way Keaton pauses after the thug gets knockdown.

Yes, that is another one that is so Batmanish. My god, Keaton was such an amazing Batman, and he pulled all this stuff off in a suit where he couldn't even move. I can't stand it when idiots try to knock 89 and be like Keaton was a skinny little pip-squeak. Was the suit itself not like 50-100 pounds, depending on which suit they were using. Keaton was a ripped machine in Batman, he really was. I mean seriously, he was sprinting like the wind in the chase after the museum scene. Keaton just had the perfect mannerisms for all of Batman's movements from the walk, right down to the turn. I seriously never even knew he couldn't move his head until I saw the Sp. Edition. Keaton was a beast!

He's still looking pretty slim and trim these days even at 57, I wouldn't be surprised if he could still pull it off one last time.

Agreed, Keaton was in excellent shape for Batman, doing three months of work outs and kickboxer training (alot of people don't know that). he was such a presence as Batman and Bruce Wayne, the look in his eyes, mannerisms, movevments and the way he delivered his lines etc. Still to this day I believe he owns this role and really hopes he comes back in the future as say, an older Bruce Wayne passing on the mantle.

Quote from: Grissom on Thu, 30 Apr  2009, 12:32
I believe he owns this role and really hopes he comes back in the future as say, an older Bruce Wayne passing on the mantle.
Yep, he owns the role alright. Keaton reprising the role for a TDKR styled film is my dream.