5 (31.3%)
Belfry ballbreaker
0 (0%)
Other
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Tue, 21 Apr 2009, 04:44 Last Edit: Tue, 21 Apr 2009, 04:48 by The Dark Knight
My vote goes to the African thug.

It was so rewarding following that tiring fight. Out of nowhere Batman's legs wrap around his head, smash his head on the bell, then throw him down the shaft.

I kinda like the ballbreaker with the asian goon (Phil Tan) - afterwards when the waltz music starts the look Keaton gives is badass.

Quote from: ral on Tue, 21 Apr  2009, 10:43
I kinda like the ballbreaker with the asian goon (Phil Tan) - afterwards when the waltz music starts the look Keaton gives is badass.
Yes, it is. Great moment.

I think The Joker shouldn't be on the list primarily because he is the master villain and in every Batman movie the takedown of the master villain is the pinnacle or climax that we were leading up to. Therefore it should just be thugs and other strongmen. There are so many great takedowns in Burton's two Batman films that it's hard to choose one, but I voted for the African Thug because to this date I think it's the best fight Batman has had with a henchman, it was epic, beautifully choreographed and brutal.

I hope Nolan takes notice for his next film.

Point taken about the Joker, I just put him there anyway. And I agree, the African thug fight is the best in the series. The belfry location really enhances everything as well.

That belfry location was a stroke of genius by the writers and director, in fact I think it was written while they were filming. Brilliantly done and immensely memorable.

Tue, 21 Apr 2009, 12:40 #6 Last Edit: Tue, 21 Apr 2009, 12:55 by Dark Knight Detective
To be honest, it's a tough choice.

But I love the fight he has with some of the RTC gang members (loved how he came out of nowhere & smashed those two clowns into each other). This includes the strongman & the clown he throws to who knows where before taking out the strongman.

Indeed. The strongman takedown is my second fave. I just love seeing his supreme confidence wash away, with that look of shock terror on his face. To beat Batman it requires more than brute strength.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 21 Apr  2009, 12:43
Indeed. The strongman takedown is my second fave. I just love seeing his supreme confidence wash away, with that look of shock terror on his face. To beat Batman it requires more than brute strength.

Yes indeed, and the same could be said for the African-American thug.

I agree the belfry setting was incredibly atmospheric.

I have to say my favorite is the Strongman bit. Rick Zumwalt's expression when he sees the bomb, and then Keaton's smile... priceless  ;D