Started by The Dark Knight, Mon, 13 Apr 2009, 11:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best?

The Joker (Jack Nicholson)
The Penguin (Danny DeVito)
Catwoman
Max Shreck
Mon, 13 Apr 2009, 15:34 #10 Last Edit: Mon, 13 Apr 2009, 15:36 by gordonblu
I'm not talking about debate. I'm talking about people who will totally rip you to shreds because you don't agree with them. I'm talking about those posts where people say "You speak an undeniable truth."  It is an opinion. I'm tired of those "Facts" and the blanket statements like "You're not a true Batman fan if..." On the other hand, we don't have youtube like postings on here. The kind where the postee is probably some prepubescent who thinks swearing every other word and just being plain vulgar is making a point and being cool.

Bring on the debates!

Looking back on your posts on this thread, I realize you were just giving your opinion which means I blew it out of proportion, to which I apologize profusely.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Mon, 13 Apr 2009, 15:44 #11 Last Edit: Mon, 13 Apr 2009, 15:48 by The Dark Knight
True, I don't agree with you on the topic, but I didn't rip you to shreds. You'll find that this is what a forum is all about. People discuss things. It happens all the time. I can state my opinion against yours, and you have the right of reply. This is an open forum, as you say, after all. 

I didn't make make blanket 'truth' statements, either. My first reply to you I was merely wondering why people didn't like the bile. The second reply I posed a question, said the obvious that Penguin was a freak and posted my opinion that I liked the black and green bile.

You are talking about things that aren't happening here. Get back on topic, please.

Mon, 13 Apr 2009, 15:46 #12 Last Edit: Mon, 13 Apr 2009, 16:27 by gordonblu
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 13 Apr  2009, 15:44
True, I don't agree with you on the topic, but I didn't rip you to shreds. You'll find that this is what a forum is all about. People discuss things. It happens all the time. I can state my opinion against yours, and you have the right of reply. This is an open forum, as you say, after all. 

I didn't make make blanket 'truth' statements, either. My first reply to you I was merely wondering why people didn't like the bile. The second reply I posed a question, said the obvious that Penguin was a freak and posted my opinion that I liked the black and green bile.

You are talking about things that aren't happening here. Get back on topic, please.
The blanket statements are rampant on this site, I wasn't referring to this particular post.

Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Joker for me.

I loved DeVito's Penguin to death but I always felt like he came off as the lesser of two evils, Shreck being the more. I just wish that it was Oswald who initially wanted to become mayor and not Shreck using him for his power plant. The Penguin seemed to do it because of the "...unlimited poontang".

It's gotta be the Penguin.  Anyone who doesn't think so isn't a true a Batman fan.  :D :D :D

KIDDING!!

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 13 Apr  2009, 15:54
It's gotta be the Penguin.  Anyone who doesn't think so isn't a true a Batman fan.  :D :D :D

KIDDING!!

Lucky you added that in. The locals are touchy around here.  ;D

Mon, 13 Apr 2009, 16:16 #16 Last Edit: Mon, 13 Apr 2009, 16:25 by Dark Knight Detective
Wow, really tough choice. Hmmm, I choose.... DeVito's Penguin. Like you, The Dark Knight, I love how Burton & co. made a boring villain become a deformed man rejected since birth.

It's a tough choice. Do i pick a villian from the burton films or the villian that is most burton-esque?  :-\  ;)

I can't really choose one, but if I had to say who I think did the best job, I have to pick Catwoman. Even though Jack was iconic as the Joker, and DeVito was grotesque and emotionally riveting as the Penguin, Pfeiffer just absolutely nailed her character 120% on every level.