The A.C. 4/26/09 - Dick Tracy

Started by Kamdan, Sat, 11 Apr 2009, 18:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 11 Apr 2009, 18:30 Last Edit: Sat, 11 Apr 2009, 20:47 by Darrell Kaiser
The A.C. is a bi-weekly series on BlogTalkRadio where movie buffs gather together and record an audio commentary for a pre-selected film. Here?s how it works: The first ten minutes of the show will be the gathering of everyone who wishes to participate in the commentary by either calling in at phone number (718) 506-1334 or connecting a microphone to your computer and visiting the show?s main page, www.blogtalkradio.com/AC and clicking "Click to Talk." Otherwise, you can still listen to the show on the aftermentioned website. As soon as everyone is set, set your own personal copies of the film, preferably a DVD, we are commenting on set at 0:00:00 and I will give the word to begin playing. As the film goes on, we will make our comments and hopefully we will have time for afterthoughts after the film ends. At the end of the show, a recording of the show will be available to download at the end. I am looking at doing the show in the afternoon on Sundays, but if you can?t make it and/or have another day or time in mind, please let me know.

For April 26, we will be commenting on the Warren Beatty film Dick Tracy, released in 1990.

If you don?t have a copy of the film we will comment on, I hope you?ll be able to rent a DVD copy, because each and every one of you will make this commentary special. Feel free to make any suggestions and I'll see you there!

Yours is looking pretty good too, ral.

Wed, 15 Apr 2009, 22:29 #4 Last Edit: Sun, 20 Feb 2011, 04:37 by THE BAT-MAN
I'm really looking forward to being part of this commentary.  Hopefully, I'll be able to participate in all of them.  Also, great avantar Darrell it does have that Noir Mysterioso quality of Dick Tracy's Siloutte

Wed, 15 Apr 2009, 23:18 #5 Last Edit: Wed, 15 Apr 2009, 23:20 by Darrell Kaiser
I'm glad to hear you'll be onboard, sir. This movie has always been a personal favorite of mine. Thanks for the compliment.

Wed, 15 Apr 2009, 23:34 #6 Last Edit: Sun, 20 Feb 2011, 04:37 by THE BAT-MAN
Your Welcome.

Sat, 18 Apr 2009, 17:15 #7 Last Edit: Sun, 20 Feb 2011, 04:39 by THE BAT-MAN
Here's something to get everbody in the spirit of the film.

Dick Tracy Trailer

Dick Tracy Segment-1990

WJZ Coverage of Dick Tracy Opening

I sadly will not be able to participate. Dick Tracy is one of my favorites, it got me hooked on the comic strip too!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

I just got off from my interview with Jack Epps, Jr., co-writer of the film, and I learned a lot! I hope to share this knowlege with you guys on Sunday.