Why was the emblem in '89 different than the poster?

Started by phantom stranger, Fri, 10 Apr 2009, 04:43

Previous topic - Next topic

I liked both emblems, but after seeing darker versions on the latter suits, they always appear too bright and vivid when I go back to Burton's design. But, I do love the Burton suits, especially BR!  8)

www.batmanslair.proboards.com

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 11 Apr  2009, 08:01
But the BR chest emblem looked so... I dunno... illustrated.  It felt too perfect, I guess. 

Ah, but this is why the Returns emblem is #1 in my book.

It kinda funny! I found it hard to get used to the dark versions in the new films at first, then grew to like them. After that, going back to Burton's emblems was strange all over again.  :D

www.batmanslair.proboards.com

Quote from: Knight-of-Darkness on Sat, 11 Apr  2009, 15:50
It kinda funny! I found it hard to get used to the dark versions in the new films at first, then grew to like them. After that, going back to Burton's emblems was strange all over again.  :D

I still can't get used to the new emblems (& the one on the 1st suit in B&R). To me, Batman's insignia shouldn't be muted. It has to stand out (& look intimidating).

Sun, 12 Apr 2009, 02:21 #15 Last Edit: Sat, 26 Sep 2009, 22:19 by batass4880
IMO, the '89 emblem is the best because it just looks cooler. As mentioned before, the Returns emblem looked too safe. The '89 one had a little more character to it. It seemed a bit darker too, if that makes any sense.

Sun, 12 Apr 2009, 02:27 #16 Last Edit: Sun, 12 Apr 2009, 02:37 by The Dark Knight
I'm a massive fan of the yellow emblem. I grew up with it, to me that's how it is and should be.

I'm with Dark Knight Detective. I like the Returns logo because it looks perfect. It's not everyday you hear something getting blasted for being perfect now, is it?

Look, I'm a fan of the 89 design, but I always viewed it as a stand-in for the real traditional Returns logo.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 12 Apr  2009, 02:27I'm a massive fan of the yellow emblem. I grew up with it, to me that's how it is and should be.
Ditto, but I've got nothing against the circle-less look.

QuoteIt's not everyday you hear something getting blasted for being perfect now, is it?
It's even rarer when the very person making that argument freely admits how strange it is.  But there it is, the B89 logo fits better, in my opinion.

Sun, 12 Apr 2009, 13:38 #18 Last Edit: Sun, 12 Apr 2009, 13:41 by The Dark Knight
Actually, colorsblend, my previous response of 'Odd indeed' was regarding your comment of "My only beef with the Returns emblem (odd as it may sound)...."

I found it odd you thought the Returns emblem was worse because it looked too perfect.

I freely admit that, but I do not freely admit it looks strange.

I probably should have been clearer, but anyway.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 11 Apr  2009, 01:23
Quote from: Joker81 on Fri, 10 Apr  2009, 18:00
I prefer the 89 emblem, its more realistic. The returns one is very childish, even tho it is triditional
Um....

How is the B89 emblem more 'realistic'?

How is the Returns emblem 'childish'?

To me the Batman 89 emblem is more realistic because it is almost a silloute of an actual bat!

Where as the returns one is big and chunky, kind of like a kids toy, you would get in a mcdonals meal as merchandise for the film lol its just a bit kiddie to me.