Favorite Final Shot

Started by The Dark Knight, Wed, 1 Apr 2009, 07:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you prefer?

Batman (1989)
Batman Returns
Alright, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but hopefully it'll provoke some discussion.

What is you favorite last shot from the two Burton Batman films?

Both feature the camera rising upward above skyscrapers.

We have the heroic shot of Batman standing on top of the building, looking out across the city with the bat-signal switched on.

We have the shot of Gotham City taken from a height, to which Catwoman rised from to look at the bat-signal being activated. (Funniliy, there's no building or balcony for her to stand, so she essentially is flying)

Both are similar, but which do you prefer?

Wed, 1 Apr 2009, 09:25 #1 Last Edit: Mon, 1 Jun 2009, 14:17 by Dark Knight Detective
I voted for the BATMAN final shot (hey, I like seeing Batman in a final shot the most, in this case), even though I still love Returns' end shot, as well.

Love 'em both....but I like the Batman (1989) shot a bit more.

Batman has a great final shot, the best for the Batman IMO and easily one of the best final shots in any film I have ever seen. Batman Returns was excellent as well. You could have included all Batman films because I think TDK had a worthwile final shot and believe it or not I liked the final shot in BF where Batman and Robin are running towards the screen in the shadow of the batsignal...but hey that's probably just me.

I chose B89, but by a very slim margin.

The finale of B89 never fails to give me chills. I love the bells tolling before the end credits.

Wed, 1 Apr 2009, 14:15 #6 Last Edit: Mon, 1 Jun 2009, 14:18 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  1 Apr  2009, 14:13
The finale of B89 never fails to give me chills. I love the bells tolling before the end credits.

Exactly. And that image of Batman looking at the Bat signal is spot on to the way he does it in the comics. Awesome way to end a movie.

returns it was a perfect ending  :D

I choose 89' because it shows Batman is there for Gotham that there's hope for the city yet, its a happy ending esp with Danny Elfmans music. While Returns had a much more sad ending showing how alone bruce is.

returns. of course becaue i love catwoman so its just kewl but plus when i first saw it i was sad cause i thought she was dead and then they showed her and i got excited. lol.