"Alfred, let's go photo-shopping."

Started by DocLathropBrown, Wed, 9 Jan 2008, 21:28

Previous topic - Next topic
"Me in one corner and in the other corner.... the man who has brought real terror to Gotham City: Batman. Can you hear me? Just the two of us, mano-a-mano. I have taken off my makeup. Let's see if you can take off yours."

If you're like me, you think of your computer as the Batcomputer. And thus, I have the perfect wallpaper for you....

"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Is that a screen grab or something else?

Screen grab, actually. Really quick one to do. Five minutes.

Screen grab, photoshop, enlarge to fill 1280-1024 backdrop, blur once to hide low-res screengrab artefacts.

Just did it on a whim for myself, but figured I'd share.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

cool, it looks good - the blur made me think it was a rare pic!

Yeah, the nature of the picture's source (A/V hookup on a non-HDTV, well, it WAS 1989) made it easy to mask poor quality, because the picture's source was low quality itself! Had it been a screengrab of Keaton or something, it would have been very obvious.

A/V hookup on non HDTV (captured on film) -> low-res, 480p DVD -> enlarged image in Photoshop. The quality is so incredibly bad, but you can't notice. Thank you last-gen television tech!

Great work in general, Doc. 
And I would never have thought to use that screencap for a "Batcomputer" desktop.  Genius  ;D
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 11 Jan  2008, 01:53
I wouldn't be so sure. Never say never. The buzz is after the Nolan Trilogy concludes. Burton plans on revisting the franchise in one way or another. Game Informer said he wanted to do another film.

Besides. It never hurts to dream.
I'd be there no matter what but I'd only freak out about it if Keaton came back to the role.  I hope you're right but I just don't see it happening.

If Burton and/or Keaton were announced to be doing anything new related to the franchise, I wouldn't even get to see it.

I'd die of happiness first.

A new paper using Commisioner Gordon's quote from the end of The Dark Knight. Badass quote.