What else can they add??

Started by Joker81, Wed, 18 Mar 2009, 20:26

Previous topic - Next topic
In many ways I'd be even happier with an exhaustive book covering Burton's Batman films with particular attention to the production design, as 'Batman' has suggested.
I love The Making of Books for Batman '89 and Batman Returns, but a larger book covering these films in greater detail would be very much appreciated.  These films deserve the same attention given to Blade Runner and the Alien films.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 19 Mar  2009, 13:59
In many ways I'd be even happier with an exhaustive book covering Burton's Batman films with particular attention to the production design, as 'Batman' has suggested.
I love The Making of Books for Batman '89 and Batman Returns, but a larger book covering these films in greater detail would be very much appreciated.  These films deserve the same attention given to Blade Runner and the Alien films.

I completely agree...I've actually toyed with the idea of just publishing my own 89 book...got T-O-N-S of goodies that I think would make a great book

You little tease, you!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Thu, 19 Mar 2009, 23:09 #13 Last Edit: Thu, 19 Mar 2009, 23:12 by Dark Knight Detective
I think that a book containing comparisons of various Batman/Detective comics to Burton's films would be fantastic. It'll show those naysayers that these movies are indeed Batman films, through & through! ;D

Agreed, Dark Knight, I can't tell you how many times I've read articles sayign that Batman '89 and BR are not Batman films (in relation to Nolan's) which quite frankly is a bunch of crap. In fact I think Burton and Co. captured a bit more of the essence/spirit of Batman than Nolan did.

Oh yeah, storyboards--ALL OF THEM!!!

Sun, 22 Mar 2009, 06:24 #16 Last Edit: Sun, 22 Mar 2009, 06:26 by phantom stranger
Really, I just want to see any and all deleted/extended scenes. Preferably remastered so they don't look the Batman Forever deleted scenes.

It's frustrating that so many forgettable films have deleted scenes on their DVD's but not one of my all time favorites.

QuoteAnd to everyone requesting off promotional footage to be included you have to realize WB doesnt own the rights to, for example, a Diet Coke or Mcdonalds commercial.

I can't imagine a huge multinational corporation would turn down free promotion. I imagine all it would take to get any commercials on a DVD is a phone call and a few legal forms.

Quote from: Batman on Thu, 19 Mar  2009, 13:22
I agree with all the suggested bonus material, but I'd like to add one everyone so far missed to mention: Production Design Galleries!
Both BATMAN and Batman Returns had beautiful production design, which was never honored by releasing a book covering it all.
Either include galleries with the DVD or release a book, WB!

Other than that, a general on-set gallery would be nice.

most certainly agree

Quote from: Reevz666 on Thu, 19 Mar  2009, 22:49
I completely agree...I've actually toyed with the idea of just publishing my own 89 book...got T-O-N-S of goodies that I think would make a great book

what are you waiting for?! :) :P

I'd love to see this wealth of images, concept art etc. you talk about published as an artbook, like the ones Taschen http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/film/all.1.htm does. The movie book has been out of print since the last century anyway

I absolutely HATE image galleries in discs, because in most cases they are low resolution and I don't see their point, I prefer video material, the pictures can be published as a booklet that comes with the movie, like some SE have, but I'd rather have a nice special publication/artbook to put in the bookshelf.

Quote from: drax1 on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 06:26

Quote from: Reevz666 on Thu, 19 Mar  2009, 22:49

what are you waiting for?! :) :P

because I've been told not to bother... the WB has no interest in the past Bat films...the SE DVD's were their attempt at cleaning house on old franchise...thier main focus at the moment is the current bat films.