20th anniversary cover...discuss

Started by Gotham Knight, Tue, 8 Jan 2008, 20:07

Previous topic - Next topic

this is  fake guys...the pics that are used on the cover are pics that I circulated from the original negatives I own which were throw aways that Warner Bros never used for mass production( shadowbat can back me up on that)...it's a pretty cool concept though...the standing Batman on the right it actually a photoshop of two images blended together as the head is different than the one that originally appears on the body...where did this come from?

Good try, but not legit. Yeh, those are from Reevz collection of a thousand pics.lol You can tell that the right image is a photoshop of 2 different pics. The head seems to be a bit too high plus the coloring is wrong compared to the body shot. You can see how they tried to hide it with the heavy shadowing.

On the subject tho, I would love to see something big from WB in 2009 for the anniversary.

This'd be pretty sweet, at least, I think.

Some of my ideas on this cover came from the piece by our anonymous friend on the imdb boards with his....

56k warning, pretty high-res!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Wed, 9 Jan 2008, 14:31 #5 Last Edit: Thu, 10 Jan 2008, 08:51 by raleagh
They are both great looking.  WB take note:  We want an Ultimate Edition 3 disc DVD set for 2009.

Could be a campaign in that!

If WB are wise, they'll go hardcore for a 20th Anniversary Batman release. A significant amount of fans are itching for it!
The B89 photos you refer to will soon be back in our hands.

In 2009 The Dark Knight is WB's big priority for DVD sales.  Do you think B89 will be a boost too? Or do we have all we are going to get from them?

2009 might very well be our ultimate Batman year, where Burton and Nolan's products are side by side (not packaged obviously  ::) ). That's what I want to see when I go to Wal-Mart next year... an island shelf with nothing but TDK and B89 DVD's.
The B89 photos you refer to will soon be back in our hands.

Quote from: raleagh on Wed,  9 Jan  2008, 14:31
They are both great looking.  WB take note:  We want an Ultimate Edition 3 disc DVD set for 2009.

Could be a campaign in that!

Its unlikely because of the SE editions in 05, but I'd kill for a  3 disk thing, especially if Keaton was involved witrh it this time.