Contacting Warner Brothers...

Started by Grissom, Tue, 17 Mar 2009, 14:19

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 17 Mar 2009, 20:21 #10 Last Edit: Tue, 17 Mar 2009, 20:28 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Tue, 17 Mar  2009, 20:17
MOTP is different. The majority still loves TAS to death, so a revisit of MOTP is inevitable.

See, this is what I don't get. B:TAS has elements from Burton's films, & yet these fanpeople (my definition of them) love it, while they hate the Burton films to death. And I know that B:TAS isn't 100% Burton, but fanpeople hate even the smallest amount of anything Burton Batman related, yet they love TAS. What the hell?

"Logical thought" and "fanboys" don't go together well.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I don't necessarily agree.  I adore TAS and the movie spin-off but I reckon Batman '89 and Batman Returns still has a wider fan-base than the former.
There are many Tim Burton fans who don't especially care for Batman who nevertheless, love Batman '89 and Batman Returns.  Check any poll of favourite directors and Burton is sure to feature in the upper regions.  Whereas I doubt that Nolan, as good as he is, has yet developed the same level of devotion for his movies - if TDK wasn't an (admittedly very good) Batman film it would not have raised the same level of praise and attention it has garnered.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

trust me when I tell you that the WB has said all their going to say about the Burton Bat flicks on the SE DVD's...their main focus is now on the Nolan stuff...they are aware that there is a fan base for the Burton stuff, just like there is a fan base for the 66 TV show, and the Animated series ect. but in their minds they have already addressed that fan based with their previous DVD releases

Mon, 27 Apr 2009, 13:34 #15 Last Edit: Mon, 27 Apr 2009, 13:36 by Batnar
The only hope Tim Burton's Batman has now a days to stay alive in some form, are people like us. The fans of the franchise.

I do wish WB did something special for it's 20th, but if they did anything too loud for it, they'd be in danger of hurting the attention of the *yawn* Batman Begins franchise. It's simple business strategy. You move forward, not backward. They all work like robots. No emotion. No sympathy. Just business. Which sucks.

If I were in charge, hell yes there'd be a re-release of BATMAN on the big screen.
It would be the only movie Id ever consider doing that crazy stuff fans do like camping out the theaters for good seats. lmao...  :P

Give it a bad ass tv spot too, so all the classic fans would jump instantly. And cool enough to captivate younger audiences too. But see..thats where the problem would come in and you know Christian "evil" Bale would come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Did you guys hear about how he totally went off on a movie set worker?
That's pretty ridiculous.  :(
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Sat, 2 May 2009, 14:40 #16 Last Edit: Sat, 2 May 2009, 14:47 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Batnar on Mon, 27 Apr  2009, 13:34
The only hope Tim Burton's Batman has now a days to stay alive in some form, are people like us. The fans of the franchise.
Exactly. As long as we remember the two films, they will never die, there is always hope for any future re-releases, etc.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat,  2 May  2009, 14:40
... there is always hope for any future re-releases, etc.

Yes indeed. If the original Star Wars trilogy could be re-released in theaters, then there's no excuse to not do the same with Burton's Batman films

Agreed wholeheartedly, Burton's two films (the original classic and the excellent, great sequel) are staples of the genre and should definitely be re-released every several years, so fans can once again experience it on the big screen and also gain newer fans as well.

Mon, 4 May 2009, 20:52 #19 Last Edit: Mon, 4 May 2009, 20:57 by silenig
Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Tue, 17 Mar  2009, 20:05
I've become numb to the fact that Burton's day-in-the-sun is over with. I've known this to be true ever since I saw the response Batman Begins brought forth. I knew from then on the fandom would never be the same, and Burton's films would be abandoned by the majority.

Yeah, the Nolan films were always much more sellable compared to the Burton films (I recently had this discussion with a friend about the difference between "Of Real Merit vs. Sellable"), but I don't think they will fade forever from public consiousness. You know how these things make circles... All follow-up series to the B:TAS were actually inferior, kid's stuff or time-wasting nerd-traps (Batman Beyond included here), so B:TAS is considered as some sort of classic, especially by the (crappy) standards of American TV Animation.*

(*I refer to action/adventure/fantasy cartoons, not adult satires like vintage Simpsons and South Park)

The Nolan franchise isn't done yet, and I doubt he's going to stay for a fourth film (what did Raimi, or Maguire, do after Spider-Man 3? ... This is why there's talk about a fourth film), and the future "final verdict" on the Burton films is reserved for some time in the future.

I think they'll be considered as some sort of cult-classics, like e.g. the Lee/Cushing Hammer Horror movies, but it's not their time yet.

Am I insanely optimistic? I don't think so.